Jobs at:African Population And Health Research Center (APHRC)
Deadline of this Job:
02 February 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 20, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
e African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. APHRC conducts policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
APHRC seeks to recruit a Financial Accountant to join a team of other finance professionals at the Center.
Financial posting and recording:
• Coding and posting all transactions into the financial system while ensuring adherence to finance procedures.
• Ensuring payment documents are properly supported and duly approved during posting; this includes checking whether all expenditures have the correct project allocation.
• Enquiring on issues pertaining to the bank accounts from the bank.
• Timely resolutions of bank transactions queries.
Financial reporting and general finance:
• Ensuring compliance with internal controls and recommending on areas for improvement.
• Providing financial information for planning, budgets and status on program activities; this includes such activities as provision of copies of documents supporting transactions.
• Ensuring proper filing and maintenance of accounting records.
• Providing support for financial transactions for project reporting as necessary.
• Dealing with internal and external parties.
• Preparation of bank reconciliations.
Payroll fees processing:
• Preparation of field staff fees payments ensuring they are properly approved and supported and processed.
• VAT and Withholding Tax returns filing.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field;
• Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA III) or Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) equivalent;
• At least 3 years’ experience working in an international NGO;
• Proficiency in Navision Dynamics;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to follow assignments through to completion;
• Ability to meet strict deadlines; and
• Must have a high level of initiative and ability to work independently.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.