Jobs at:Equity Group Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
20 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Equity Afia (EQA) was established in 2015 under the umbrella of the Equity Group Foundation in response to the growing need for affordable and accessible quality healthcare for Kenyans.
The Equity Afia clinic network has over 54 medical centres in 19 counties across the country operated in a franchise model. The facilities are run by qualified and experienced doctors who are alumni of the Equity Leaders Program to offer affordable, high quality integrated & standardized health services.
Co-ordination and monitoring of Clinics financial operations and performance reporting and ensuring financial reporting standards and compliance are maintained across all the clinics.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities are:
• Develop and continuously review policies and procedures for clinics and ensure internal systems and controls at the clinic level are maintained.
• Establish standardized accounting practice and financial reporting standards are maintained across all the clinics.
• Develop and maintain a robust system of asset controls, revenue cycle management, cost controls, stock controls, accounts receivable and payables accounting.
• Working with clinics leads to develop annual budget & plans, cash flow forecast and carrying out perioding budget variance analysis and reporting.
• Work with business development teams and clinics leads to carry out performance and market data analysis to inform decision making for clinic growth and expansion.
• Assist to carry out financial and market feasibility for clinics establishment and expansion.
• Ensure fiscal (tax) compliance across all clinics, filing of returns, ensuring payment/remittance of VAT, WTAX for franchise fees by EQA facilities.
• Ensure annual statutory audit of EQA facilities and filing of the same by 30 June
• Raising of monthly Franchise Fees for EQA facilities and collection of the same
• Ensure remittance of statutory deductions by EQA facilities
Key Result Areas:
The accountability areas are:
• Availability and reliability of information
• Timely and accurate units accounting records
• Effective utilization of resources and cost controls
• Supervision of Finance Operations in the Clinic
• Sound commercial decisions based on financial information.
• Well-coordinated financial reporting
• Growth and sustainability of the Organization
• Customer satisfaction
• Positive corporate image
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The job holder must possess:
• A Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration, or related degree with a major in accounting.
• Certified Accountant CPA (K) or ACCA qualification.
• Six (6) years progressive working experience in accounting with preference in healthcare set up
• Expert knowledge of accounting, auditing, and financial and management reporting.
• Computer literacy and computerized accounting experience.
• Knowledge and experience of working with accounting packages.
• Strong decision-making abilities.
• Strong analytical and planning skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.