Deadline of this Job:
23 November 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Review and verify the intercompany account between Kenya Airways and Jambojet and make payments in adherence to the signed SLA agreement.
• Manage all external supplier payments and reconcile all supplier accounts, including Kenya Airways.
• Remit statutory deductions and taxes including but not limited to corporate tax, VAT, PAYE, government uplift taxes, withholding tax, railway development levy, etc.
• Account for revenue per flight
• Reconcile the revenue account;
• Balance sheet
• Profit & loss
• Liability accounts
• Revenue accounts
Budgets and Forecasts
• Coordinate the process of preparing annual budgets with respective business heads.
• Provide cost center managers with monthly cost center reports for their review and sign off.
• Manage the accrual process
• Reconciliation of Accounts
Reconciliation of the Bank Accounts and the revenue suspense accounts
• VAT calculation and filing
• Processing and ensuring payment of VAT on time
• Calculating and ensuring payment of the various taxes from time to time
• Fixed assets
• Managing the fixed assets register and ensuring accurate computation of depreciation
• Ensuring periodic verification of fixed assets
• Bachelor's degree in Finance related course from an accredited university
• Qualified Accountant CPA (K)/CIMA/ACCA/ACA and University Degree from an accredited university
• Atleast 5 years experience in Accounting/Finance
• Thorough understanding and working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Accounting Standards (IAS)
• Compliance in the use of a standard chart of accounts (SCOA) and compilation of the General ledger in conformity to the SCOA
• Working knowledge of monthly reconciliations across a large company Understanding and application of internal controls for transactions processing in preparation of the financial accounts
• Preparation of periodic statutory accounts for over a period of at least 2 years
• Highly computer literate with intermediate level proficiency in MS Office applications i.e. word, excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Outlook
• Solid understanding of accounting software principles.
• Intermediate knowledge in working with an ERP system preferably with Oracle /SAP applications.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: using the position as subject of email.
Interested and qualified? Go to Jambojet on forms.gle to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.