Jobs at:Kenya Airways
Deadline of this Job:
30 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Manager Financial Accounting, the ideal candidate will be responsible for month end reconciliations of fixed assets, leases, prepayments,
direct operating costs and other reporting balances whilst ensuring adherence to agreed SLAs and internal controls.
Principal Accountabilities (KEY Performance areas):
• Monthly GL reporting support which includes, monthly Journal preparations and posting.
• Preparation of general ledger account reconciliations as assigned for accuracy and timeliness in as well as absence of long outstanding reconciling
• items. Reconciling payables, prepayments, inventory, fixed assets, leases, petty cash, and Direct Operating Costs account balances etc.
• Prepare an analysis of fixed assets, leases and direct costs ensuring they agree to the trial balance.
• Support with end month reporting and analysis /preparation of financial statements.
• Half-year reporting which includes support in the preparation of financial statements and handling of external and internal auditors.
• Year-end reporting which includes support in the preparation of financial statements and notes and handling external and internal auditors.
• Support the team in producing Group annual report and financial statements that meet statutory requirements and reporting standards (IFRS, IAS,
• Companies Act, etc) as well as maintaining sound, accurate, reconciled and up to date financial records at least one month before statutory deadline.
• Support in coordinating the audit process and resolve audit issues within three months after the completion of the audit to ensure controls effectiveness of controls.
• Participate in the stock take for both technical and commercial stock and ensure laid down procedures are adhered to.
• Support the team in fixed assets management.
• Taking up new roles in financial accounting as may be assigned by the line manager.
Knowledge, Skills and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or any other business-related field from a recognized institution.
• Must possess accounting qualification i.e. CPA K or equivalent.
• Minimum of 3 years practical experience in Finance in a busy Organization.
• Good knowledge of IFRS and other accounting standards
• Exposure to use of accounting systems.
• Proficiency in MS Excel/Spreadsheet.
• Excellent communications, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to handle pressure and difficult situations with resilience, calmly and effectively.
• Must be a person of unquestionable integrity.
Deadline:by 30th June 2022
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Job application procedure
If you fi t the profile, then apply today! Please submit your application letter and a detailed Curriculum Vitae quoting the position in the subject of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.