Financial Aid Administrator
Jobs at:Corporate Staffing
Deadline of this Job:
26 December 2022
Date Posted: Monday, December 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Basic job summary:
• To coordinate the Work-study program and the Grad-Prep College Counselling services of the Financial Aid Office with guidance from the Head of Financial Aid Office
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Scholars Placement & Work-Study-Support: Pro-actively assist scholars in distress with placement in the SU departments and externally on work-study and employment opportunities; including regular maintenance of SU FAO Scholars and Loanees CVs database; to ensure proper awards, rights allocations, support, evaluations, renewals and termination of FAO work-study and work-based learning contracts.
• Grad-Prep & College Counselling Support: Assist Head of FAO to facilitate college counselling activities for SU finalist students, alumni and staff for graduate scholarships leading to successful placement in Ivy league-level universities by reviewing motivation letters, providing recommendation letters, posting certified documents and approving reimbursements for application fees. GRE/GMAT/TOEFEL etc.;
• Scholars Wellness: Assist the Head of FAO and the Program Manager to coordinate scholar support services including psychosocial counselling, scholar feedback forums, financial aid communication dissemination, home visits for monitoring and evaluation of financial aid beneficiaries and providing additional bursaries to distressed continuing scholars.
• Steward of FAO Scholars’ Materials – Assist the FAO staff to steward, organize, disseminate, record and issue SU FAO materials including, scholar files, office supplies, equipment, offer letters, student passes, meal allowance barcodes, loan clearance and merit certificates, contest medals and trophies etc. for local and international scholarship, loans, work-study and grad-prep beneficiaries;
• Student Assistants’ Contracts Management – Coordinate Student Assistants’ interviews, recruitment, retention, evaluations, renewals and terminations in collaboration with the People and Culture department and the host departments;
• FAO Events & Activities: Assist the Head of FAO to organize various FAO events and activities including: interviews, forums, home visits, and meetings to ensure that the unit achieves the overall goals;
• Advisory, Counsel & Enquiries Management: Provide advice to FAO stakeholders on FAO and SU related concerns and enquiries to scholars, parents and school heads as well as other local and international FAO customers e.g. departmental customers (Schools, Faculties and HoDs; Coordinate responses to enquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org and applications made on the SU FAO application portal;
• Reporting: Assist Head of FAO in preparing draft reports for quarterly reporting purposes to FAO stakeholder i.e. donors, DVC-ASA and Scholarships Advisory Board; Regularly update the FAO webpage with scholarship adverts, news, information and infographics in coordination with SU Communications Department;
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head of FAO.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Sciences, Business, HR or any related field from a recognized institution. A Master’s Degree in a relevant field is desirable but not a requirement.
• Relevant Professional qualification in Counselling, Marketing, HR
• 1-2 years’ relevant administrative experience
Competencies and Attributes:
• Unquestionable integrity and good work ethic
• Excellent negotiating skills and influencing capabilities
• Excellent Analytical Skills
• Attention to detail
• Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to withstand stressful situations
• Results driven and a Team Player
• Flexible and Pro-active
• Able to work with minimum supervision
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Financial Aid Administrator” on the subject line to email@example.com by 15th December 2022.
• Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.