Deadline of this Job:
22 March 2023
Date Posted: Friday, March 10, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking for a highly motivated and analytical Financial Analyst to join our finance team. As the Financial Analyst you will play a key role in supporting the company's financial planning and analysis (FP&A) activities, including the development of financial models and the analysis of financial data.
You will analyse current and past results, support financial forecasting, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements. You will work closely with the rest of the finance team to ensure accurate financial reporting and help with the company’s overall financial strategy. You will report directly to the CFO.
What you will be doing:
• Assist the CFO in the development and maintenance of financial models for forecasting, budgeting, and long-term planning.
• Conduct financial analysis to support decision-making and strategic planning
• Prepare and analyse financial reports and metrics to provide insight into the organisation's financial performance.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide financial support and guidance on various projects and initiatives.
• Identify and communicate financial risks and opportunities to the CFO.
• Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimisation.
• Identify and drive process improvements, including the development of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and dashboards.
What you must this have:
• Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics or related field.
• Partly qualified chartered accountant / CFA / MBA / management accountant or similar.
• 2-3 years of experience in financial analysis or related field.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with financial modeling and forecasting, as well as budget variance analysis.
• Strong proficiency in Sheets/Excel and experience with financial systems, in particular cloud accounting software.
• Proven experience with presenting KPI dashboards.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail-oriented with a strong ability to multitask.
• Strong team player and ability to work independently.
For us to achieve our ambitious vision together as a team, It is important for our Martians to lead at all levels, be self starters who take initiative and put their hands up for challenging tasks. A growth mindset is important to us and we encourage all our Martians to openly share knowledge, support and help each other, ask questions, get creative with new technologies and learn from setbacks.
Becoming a Martian means:
• Comfortably working and learning from a fully remote, culturally diverse team based predominantly in South Africa and Nigeria.
• Being an open, honest and respectful communicator.
• You enjoy asking questions, identifying areas of improvement and proposing solutions, no matter your job title or whether you have been with us for a day, a month or years!
• You are comfortable taking initiative and operating independently.
• You thrive in a fast paced environment, where change is constant.
• You find it exciting to work with various clients, from different industries, each with a different problem for you and your team to solve.
• Intentionally sharing tech and industry trends that excite you with your peers.
• Seeking continuous feedback and actively taking steps to continuously grow personally and professionally.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.