Financial Controller – Development
Jobs at:Flexi Personnel
Deadline of this Job:
20 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Financial Controller – Development
The Financial Controller – Development is responsible for establishing a reliable financial control system within the client’s retail function. The role holder is also responsible for examining proposed projects and providing support by highlighting risks and recommending solutions.
Budget and Forecasting
• Assist with monitoring allocated budgets to ensure compliance and highlight possible issues
• Provide inputs on the preparation of budget when necessary and provide inputs on cost reduction measures
• Partner with relevant function heads, by providing them with analysis and advice in the planning process with regards to budgeting, strategic plans and periodic forecasts for their respective departments
• Ensure that financial aspects of relevant contracts are adhered to and that contracts are renewed in a timely manner.
• Ensure reconciliation of accounts is conducted periodically and reviewed as required.
• Track revenue recognition and ensure revenue is allocated correctly, taking corrective action where inconsistencies arise.
• Review and provide inputs on the monthly depreciation schedule and reconciliation statements.
• Review the creation/deletion/revision of new vendor accounts after necessary approvals.
• Provide inputs for the development of relevant processes for reporting, benchmarks and policies for the organization and provide recommendations when required.
• Review all financial transactions, processes, records, and books of accounts ensuring they comply with International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Ensure accurate and proper inter-company, bank, suppliers, advances/prepayment reconciliations are conducted and that the necessary actions are taken accordingly to maintain accuracy and safeguard the company’s assets.
• Support the process of reviewing Capex assumptions for the appraisal of new projects and budgets, by assisting with the development of feasibility studies and providing necessary analysis
• Support the control process by staying informed on the progress of relevant Capex investments approved projects / budgets and carry out a detailed analysis, giving feedback to concerned stakeholders about possible budget risks
• Support the value creation process by analyzing existing fixed assets details for productivity and identifying patterns applicable in new projects to maximize value creation to be recommended to concerned stakeholders
• Support the identification process of improvement areas for different stages of an investment process to identify potential for cash flow savings / synergies and create optimized investment process and assist with the implementation phase
• Support the relevant functions by providing necessary analysis and detail of the organization Capex investment and expense process.
• Develop relevant reports following the set standards and procedures
• Provide inputs to business units that includes related analysis against agreed KPIs
• Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies.
Human Capital Responsibilities
• Assist with the implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and provide constructive feedback and provide inputs to senior management
• Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles
• Provide inputs on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure facilitation of training requirements
• Develop and implement on the job-training for the team
• Provide inputs for the development of annual manpower plan
• Ensure the implementation of the client’s Retail’s corporate policies and relevant procedures.
• Bachelor of Finance, Business Administration or Commerce.
• MBA in the same field advantage.
• CPA or CMA is preferred.
• Strong analytical and technical skills
• Project management
• Strong communicator and presentation skills
• 5+ years in a similar position
• 2+ years in retail business is preferred
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.