Jobs at:AAA Growers
Deadline of this Job:
21 November 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Financial Controller is responsible for playing a critical part in the strategic development of the business. Reporting into the Board of Directors, managing the finance division and also playing a key role in terms of input into commercial projects for the business as well as optimizing business processes across the Group.
• Working closely with the GM Finance, the Group Financial Controller is responsible for playing a critical part in the strategic development of the business.
• Reporting into the Board of Directors, the GFC manages the finance division and also plays a key role in terms of input into commercial projects for the business as well optimising business processes across the Group.
• Reviewing current Bank arrangements and financing and suggesting improvements
• Preparing a hedging, forward policy document for the Directors to review
• Analysing and preparing a forward forecast for the company projected Income and Revenue over a 3 year rolling period.
• Establishing and presenting an enhanced internal control process
• Setting up budget management system for the senior HO and Farm management team, to include completed budgeting framework training
• Aligning the Finance teams via completed JDs, directly responsible for Debtors Team, and Airlines Team.
• Implementing an updated IT system to ensure that data is fully captured and stored as well as ensuring preparation for the IT system to be migrated to the new office
Bank reconciliations (AAA)
• Ensure the bank accounts are reconciled monthly and final reconciliation reports are submitted to the GM Finance by the 10th of the following month.
• Confirm that Final reconciliations have a summary of all the charges incurred during the month, including a breakdown of the interest charged and any other unusual transaction.
• Ensure all unreconciled items can be clearly explained and must be valid (Look out for stale cheques or transfers not clearing within the month)
• Flag any issues that need to resolved monthly with the banks related to reconciliation differences or discrepancies.
Key Attributes / Competencies:
• Familiar with business operations in the East African region
• A strong track record of driving business performance and growth, whilst increasing operational efficiencies
• Fully qualified Accountant with recognized professional accreditation in Kenya
• Excellent people management skills
• Strong senior staff budgeting
• Strategic financial planning
• First-rate monthly/quarterly reporting skills
• Excellent experience of accruals, reconciliations, P&L and balance sheet analysis
• Must have excellent systems knowledge and advanced Excel skills
• Creative thinker with ideas that will relate to business improvement
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.