Jobs at:Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Deadline of this Job:
13 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Your leadership as Financial Controller will inspire your team to be brand ambassadors, provides strategic leadership, functional guidance and valuable insights to operations leaders and department heads for optimal business decision. You will interact with hotel’s legal counsel, insurance companies, tax consultants, auditors, commercial and government banks to effectively control the assets of the business. The Financial Controller will be a highly motivated team player with strong accounting, communication, business presentation, analytical skills and strong systems background.
What is in it for you:
• Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
• Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
• Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
• Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Cluster Director of Finance and Business Support, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Preparation of the financial statements within the corporate closing schedule and according to the Accor Policies and Procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the Uniform System of Accounts.
• Analysis and interpretation of the financial results in order to assist and advise the General Manager, A3 (ownership representative) and the Accor Corporate Team when appropriate or in the absence of the Director of Finance.
• Maintain balance sheet analysis on at least a quarterly basis and preferably on a monthly basis with full supporting detail.
• Prepare accurate cash flow statements and projections on a monthly basis and on request.
• Maximize working capital and cash flow statements and projections on a monthly basis and on request.
• Ensure successful treasury cash management as set forth in the policies and procedures manual.
• Ensure compliance with management agreements and contracts and attendant legal documents. Understanding how those documents translate into financial responsibilities and how they may effect both the hotel’s and Corporate's financial position.
• To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
• Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
• Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Your experience and skills include:
• A graduate degree in business or equivalent.
• 5 years’ experience in a similar position within the hospitality industry.
• Previous experience financial reports, P&L and balance sheet.
• Prior experience working with Accounting Systems and POS (Sun, Opera, Silverware)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.