Jobs at:Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Deadline of this Job:
18 July 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Working closely with the Finance Manager, and in some occasion directly with the Director of Resources of MSF International, the Financial Controller handles and analyses financial data, but also data from HR and related to environmental impact.
• The Financial Controller responsibilities are:
• Provide support and technical training to Budget Holders to build their budget including projections and financial simulations;
• Conduct regular meetings with Budget Holders to ensure that they are tracking costs, to understand their activities and challenges, and anticipate financial needs;
• Design and/or improve tools to develop MSF International annual budget, mid-year budget review, and multi-year projections.
• Reporting and analysis
• Prepare regular financial analysis and monthly reporting on actual results compared to Budget and prior year;
• Prepare support materials for financial presentations to various platforms;
• Support the HR team in developing HR indicators and analysis, and prepare the Full Time Equivalent (FTE) reporting;
• Support on other reporting and ad hoc analysis as required (for e.g., carbon footprint and cost efficiency metrics for travels).
• Management tools / IT systems
• In collaboration with the Finance Manager, implement new BI software for budgeting and monthly reporting (identification, roll out, and administration);
• Development of other tools for processing and analysing management data;
• Participate to the implementation of different Dynamics 365 modules or complementary software’s (for e.g., expense management, dematerialization).
• Support to Accounting & Control
• Participate to monthly and annual closings (accruals, analytic allocations…);
• Contribution to the internal control system (ICS);
• Liaise with auditors when necessary;
• Other responsibilities may be delegated to the Financial Controller depending on workload in support of the Finance team.
• Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles and challenges of MSF;
• Master’s degree in Finance or equivalent academic degree;
• At least five years of experience in a similar position;
• Proficiency in financial planning, analysis, and reporting;
• Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with senior managers and advise on financial matters;
• Self-driven, positive, flexible and resilient with a hands-on approach;
• Ability to deal with confidential information;
• Strong computer literacy, including expertise in Excel (preferably with VBA), good knowledge on ERP and BI systems (Dynamics 365 and Power BI an asset);
• Excellent written and oral communications skills in English, good level of French, another language is an asset.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.