Jobs at:Roche Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, June 27 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 14 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Roche Diagnostics in Johannesburg or Nairobi is seeking a Financial Controller to provide sales and financial analysis to support the relevant stakeholders in achieving their business and financial objectives.
Among other duties the role will entail:
• Prepare for sales finalisation by running the release billing documents for accounting report and resolving any blocked transactions monthly.
• Identify recognisable revenue for the month, reviewing the data and reverse the sales that have not been completed in the period, monthly.
• Confirm the completeness of revenue by reviewing the data, identifying any outstanding revenues, addressing with the relevant stakeholders and processing for the month
• Including but not limited to:
o Lease revenue
o Cost per billing
o Any other accruals etc
• Review the sales pack and instrument placement (IP) pack by receiving the pack, quality controlling the data against the system (SAP), identifying and addressing any anomalies and submitting the finalised pack to the system (DIS) monthly.
• Process instrument capex by extracting the instrument and installations reports, undertaking the analysis to identify instruments requiring capitalisation, submit to relevant stakeholders for review and inputs and finalise for monthly processing.
• Authorise depreciation processing by confirming finalise capitalisation of instruments, reviewing report from Shared Services and submitting approval of depreciation report monthly.
• Quality control the asset processing by extracting the required reports, analysing the data, confirming classification in line with FGAR and resolving any issues identified monthly.
• Prepare sales, instrument placement (IP) and KPI reports by extracting the data, inputting into the relevant reporting format, reviewing the accuracy of the report and submit to the relevant stakeholders monthly within deadlines.
• Prepare KPI report comments by engaging with the relevant stakeholder, identifying and addressing any variances against target, updating the report and submitting monthly within deadlines.
• Review the install capacity base (ICB) report by receiving the data, engaging with the relevant stakeholders and confirming the data annually or as required.
• Prepare ad hoc reports by receiving the request, extracting the required data, preparing the report and submitting as required.
• Assist with the audit process (internal and external) by providing required documentation and reports and addressing any queries as required.
Sales Forecasting and Budgeting
• Contribute to the live sales report / forecast by inputting the required data, participating in the scheduled meetings, engaging with the data and making relevant adjustments weekly and monthly.
• Provide budgeting and target setting support for sales and IP by engaging with the relevant stakeholders, identifying historical trends, providing support to set future targets and budgets and inputting the data into the planning tool annually / bi-annually as required.
• Develop the overall revenue (IP and sales) plan by consolidating all the inputs and preparing the final plan annually / bi-annually as required.
• Maintain the business planning tool by updating and training users of the tool and identifying areas of improvement for the tool as required.
• Prepare the instrument depreciation forecast by using the IP data within the system and submitting annually / bi-annually as required.
Analysis and Business Partnering
• Provide financial support and data analysis and reports to relevant stakeholders by receiving the request, identifying the required outputs, preparing the data and analysis and presenting / submitting to the relevant party within the agreed deadlines.
• Monitor the control activities by identifying inaccuracies and errors in the process, investigating the process further and developing recommendations on improvements and submitting to line manager for approval and implementation as relevant.
You, as an ideal candidate, will have the following skills, experience and education:
• Required Qualification: NQF 7 Commerce in Financial Accounting / Cost Accounting or similar
• Required Experience: 3 – 6 years’ financial controlling experience. CIMA would be advantageous.
• Must have knowledge of: Sales forecasting and budgeting planning and preparation, SAP FI / CO a must and IFRS.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.