Financial Planning and Analysis Grants Analyst (Coordinator)
Jobs at:Human Rights Watch
Deadline of this Job:
15 August 2022
Date Posted: Monday, July 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1. Coordinate projects funded by designated grants by updating the appropriate allocation of funds and providing guidance, instruction and training to staff affected by the projects;
2. Prepare and maintain grant budgets and related expense reports, including internal and external reports, and review all expenditures and contracts for accuracy and availability of funds; liaise with Development staff to ensure grants are being used and reported appropriately and within designated time frame;
3. Support the awards management process (AMP) by working with Development staff on strategically allocating funds according to donor and organizational needs, responding to donor inquiries, performing reallocations, and monitoring projects’ progress against milestones and deadlines;
4. Support the team on implementation of a collaborative, automated grant project tracking system with Development and Program staff, including documentation of all grant-related procedures and guidelines;
5. Implement new tools and processes to allow for more efficient and accurate grant reporting;
6. Reconcile revenue data between FP&A, accounting and Development databases;
7. Produce specialized financial reports for donors and HRW charities and entities, as well as revenue-specific reports and schedules for auditors as needed;
8. Analyze expense report results and provide additional reports and details as needed or requested;
9. Perform additional tasks as required by the FP&A Manager.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or a related field, or an equivalent combination of work experience and qualifications, is required.
Experience: A minimum of two years of direct finance and/or grants experience is required. Prior experience working in nonprofit/NGO finance is highly desirable.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
1. Previous experience in and/or demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit finance and fund accounting is required.
2. Strong computer knowledge, including advanced ability with Microsoft Excel and a highly developed understanding of spreadsheet and database systems is required.
3. Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize tasks while maintaining a strong attention to detail are required.
4. Self-motivation and the ability to take initiative, prioritize with minimal supervision, and work independently as well as function as a member of a team are required.
5. Excellent communication, creative problem-solving, and strong organizational skills are required.
6. Strong oral and written communications skills in English are required.
7. Ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously is necessary.
8. Ability to make sound decisions consistent with functions is required.
9. Experience with Salesforce and NetSuite financial accounting system is preferred, but not required.
10. Strong interest in human rights is desirable.
Other: Applicants for this position must possess valid work authorization for one of the office locations in which the position may be based.
Salary and Benefits: The salary range for this position, if it is based in the United States, begins at $55,710. Our salaries vary by location; if the position were to be based outside of the US, the salary would not be a direct conversion of the US salary but would rather be situated within the relevant local salary grade based on the experience of the successful candidate.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
***How to Apply:***Please apply immediately or by August 15, 2022 by visiting our online job portal at https://careers.hrw.org /and attaching a cover letter and resume, preferably as PDF files. No calls or email inquiries, please. Only complete applications will be reviewed, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application submission or if you require accommodations during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Due to the large response, application submissions via email will not be accepted and inquiries regarding the status of applications will go unanswered.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.