Financial oversight and monitoring
Jobs at:African Union
Deadline of this Job:
23 May 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Financial oversight and monitoring
• Provide oversight over all financial transactions of AfCFTA;
• Take a proactive approach in identifying issues related to data quality and liaise with related Divisions in AfCFTA to ensure timely and necessary corrections;
• Contribute to developing and maintaining a strong control environment around financial reporting and the integrity of data used for preparation of AfCFTA financial statements;
• Ensure that all deadlines applicable to accounts closure and financial reporting are met.
• Financial Advisory and IPSAS Compliance
• Prepare regular financial management reports including forecasts and past and current expenditure trends and patterns for senior management review and for evaluation of AfCFTA financial position;
• Act as the IPSAS Expert and support AfCFTA in gap assessments and leading the implementation of new developments in IPSAS;
• Manage and oversee IPSAS compliance including development and operationalization of all related policies, regulations, rules, procedures.
External and Internal Audit Coordination
• Prepare audit related reports to be submitted to the Board of External Auditors (BOEA), Office of Internal Oversight (OIO) and AfCFTA management;
• Coordinate with external auditors during interim and year end audit;
• Prepare action plans and oversees the implementation of actions in relation to audit recommendations regarding financial audits;
• Assist the Director of Finance and Head of Division in managing the relationship with the BOEA and Office of Internal Oversight.
Capacity building and system improvement
• Support process documentation and continuous process improvements.
• Responsible for providing guidance and advice to AfCFTA management and staff in the area of financial accounting, interpretation and operational guidance on the application of the IPSAS and AU FRR;
• Contribute to the development of internal capacity across AfCFTA regarding financial accounting and IPSAS.
• Monitor and evaluate staff performance and provide objective performance appraisal reports;
• Perform other relevant duties assigned by the Director of Finance and Head of Division.
• Lead all aspects of monthly, quarterly and year-end closures of accounts and the production of IPSAS compliant financial statements.
• Exercise periodic monitoring over transactions and account balances to ensure recording and reporting in accordance with African Union Financial Rules and Regulations (AU FRR) and other applicable African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Directives and Operational Instructions;
• Assist the Director of Finance and Head of Division to coordinate internal and external audits;
• Develop innovative solutions to optimize financial processes and reduce manual work and increase automation around financial reporting;
• Drive SAP and internal control process improvements
• developing and implementing Finance and Accounting policies such as Financial Rules and Regulations, Accounting Policies and Procedure Manuals and SOPs.
• Perform any other related duties as may be assigned
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• Master’s Degree in business administration, Strategic Planning, finance, accounting or related field.with 10 years of relevant work experience of which six (6) years should be at managerial level and three (3) years at supervisory level within an international, regional or national organization.
• Bachelor degree in in business administration, Strategic Planning, finance, accounting or related areas with twelve (12) years of relevant work experience of which six (6) years should be at managerial level and three (3) years at supervisory level within an international, regional or national organization.
• A professional qualification such as CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA, Expert Comptable or equivalent is an added advantage.
• Certification in IPSAS from a recognized professional accounting body is highly desirable.
• Experience in financial accounting, finance and audit in a large international organisation or business corporation is required.
• Experience in preparing IPSAS compliant financial statements and donor reports in AU or similar international organization is required.
• Hands-on experience in the use of SAP or similar ERP is required.
• Experience in coordinating internal and external audits.
• Proven experience in establishing accounting function in an organization at national or international organisation.
• Advance knowledge in the application of Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to successfully manage teams in Multicultural and Multilingual environment;
• Financial Reporting and Analytical skills;
• Interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Presentation, report writing and communication skills;
• Computer skills with practical knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Planning and organizing skills
• Ability to effectively lead, supervise, mentor, develop and evaluate staff
• Proficiency in one of the AU working languages, fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
• Strategic Insight..
• Developing Others
• Change Management
• Managing Risk
• Building Partnerships
• Foster Accountability Culture
• Learning Orientation
• Communicating with Influence:
• Conceptual Thinking
• Job Knowledge and information sharing:
• Drive for Results
• Continuous Improvement Orientation:
Tenure Of Appointment:
• The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.