Fiscal Policy Officer
Jobs at:Kenya Association of Manufacturers
Deadline of this Job:
29 November 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties & Responsibilities
• Coordinate the preparation, collation, validation and submission of the annual National and EAC Fiscal Budget for members to the Government
• Managing and supporting KAM members in the EAC Duty Remission Scheme processes
• Coordinate the process of the comprehensive review of the EAC Common External Tariff (CET) on behalf of KAM and members
• Conducting research and writing position papers on political and economic policy issues particularly those affecting the business environment and the entire industry
• Preparation of Fiscal Policy related seminars and workshops for KAM members
• Engaging KAM members through committees and sectors on issues affecting business which includes KAM sector meetings and the Trade and Tax Committee Identifying
• performance gaps, instituting reviews and ensuring that membership retention and recruitment objectives are met in a timely manner.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Executive.
Requirements and Personal Attributes:
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics or Business-related field
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar field At least 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role. Training in a management is an added advantage.
• Knowledge of the Kenyan taxation laws
• Knowledge of the EAC Customs Management Act, EAC Common External tariff, EAC duty remission Regulations
• Research and Advocacy skills
• Analytics skills
• Knowledge in Statistical analysis
• Certification in statistical analysis packages, Domestic taxes/customs training
• Knowledge and skills in International and Regional Trade regimes including COMESA, SADC etc. Free Trade Agreements, EPAs
• Advanced computer skills for data processing
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualifying candidates should complete the online application form and submit their CV and Application letter only to email@example.com indicating the words “Fiscal Policy Officer” on the email subject line so as to reach us not later than November 30
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Association of Manufacturers on forms.office.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.