Deadline of this Job:
24 February 2023
Date Posted: Friday, February 10, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This role will be responsible for leading, directing and managing the Forensic officers in fraud prevention, detection and investigation across Britam and its subsidiaries and will ensure that solutions are proportionate and fit with business objectives.
The role will manage all investigation of cases end to end by ensuring that all the investigative / operating methodologies are adhered to in accordance with the required standards and meet the organization’s needs in terms of addressing the risk appropriately.
• Identify fraud risks and or emerging risks during the course of an investigation or interactions with internal / external stakeholders are escalated upon discovery, to the relevant Business Unit/Segments for assessment and closing "gaps" related to processes, policies and systems.
• Work with the Head of Forensics in formulating and implementing policies and procedures for management of investigations into allegations of fraud and unethical practices within the Group.
• Work with the Head of Forensics in managing the Forensics functions efficiently in order to meet the needs of the Organization as well as expectations of all Stakeholders. This includes preparation of a multi-year strategy and annual plans of work, the formulation of initiatives for proactive fraud management.
• Ensure case reports contain the findings of the investigation, recommendations addressing people, processes, procedures and system failures or internal and external threats and forward the final report to stakeholders, Human Resources (HR), Legal etc.
• Identify high-risk Business areas, through feedback received from parties attending risk forums/investigations outcomes and perform specific fraud awareness presentations at the respective Business Units/Segments to the identified staff.
• Evaluate scope and allocate cases for investigation within 24 hours of receipt.
• Assist the Head of Forensics in provide oversight and monitoring of all cases allocated to direct reports for investigation in line with set guidelines and standards.
• Embed Investigative Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines for Investigation Management.
• Embed fraud prevention/detection processes and procedures, including systems to manage fraud losses within the given budget & Implementation of Fraud Strategy.
• Provide feedback to Heads of Business Units/Segments and other stakeholders insofar as investigations findings and recommendations are concerned via face to face meeting / email correspondence or Executive reports for business to be appraised on the investigation status.
• Develop staff training programs that build Fraud Risk awareness within the Group.
• Establish and manage capacity in Digital Forensics in order to be able to handle the fraud cases involving digital evidence.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field.
• MBA is an added advantage.
• Professional qualification e.g. CPA(K), ACCA, CISA. CFA, Digital Forensics or equivalent.
• 5-8 years’ experience in a similar position; 2-3 of which should be in a managerial/supervisory capacity in a busy environment.
Technical/ Functional competencies:
• Knowledge of internal audit procedure.
• Report writing-ability to develop reports.
• Decision making – ability to make strategic decisions in a timely and effective manner.
• High moral and ethical standing.
• Highly motivated.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.