Fraud Risk Manager
Jobs at:Equity Bank Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
05 August 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers - the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role of Fraud Risk Manager as outlined below.
Reporting to the Director Fraud Risk the ideal candidate’ will be expected to:
Proactively engage with business stakeholders to implement fraud management strategies and support the business in anticipating, identifying, assessing, and responding to emerging fraud risks.
Champion fraud risk management plans and initiatives across the Group.
Identify opportunities for proactive fraud prevention and detection across services, products, channels/platforms.
Work closely with Group’s Heads of Fraud Risk, Operations, Investigations and Operational Risk to implement fraud management framework and standards across the organisation.
• Advise the business on fraud mitigation strategies, controls, and initiatives in line with business strategy, enterprise risk and fraud management policies and frameworks.
• Conduct fraud risk assessments on existing and new products and services and perform ad-hoc fraud risk reviews as necessary.
• Ensure that inherent and residual fraud risks, their likelihood, impact, and ratings are understood, evaluated, and agreed upon with respective business heads.
• Analyze business processes to identify control failures/weaknesses and/or breaks in procedure that relating to fraud risk events, including evaluation of the performance of fraud risk controls, tools and data usage across all business units and channels.
• Recommend strategies to manage fraud risk and prevent fraud losses across services, products, and channels.
• Monitor fraud risk Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), analyze fraud trends and impact to business.
• Respond to inquiries from business units regarding fraud risk management issues.
• Partner with fraud operations, investigation and other teams within Risk Management and Compliance to build and enhance risk mitigation strategies and capabilities.
• Review existing and new policies and procedures and advise on fraud control gaps and make recommendation to the business.
• Gather and analyze fraud data and insights for use in fraud prevention and detection.
• Collect and share industry best practices in relation to fraud risk management.
• Prepare relevant anti-fraud materials for internal training and customer fraud awareness.
• Embed a strong fraud risk awareness culture within the organisation and enhance the Group’s values and code of conduct.
• Ensure that fraud risk management policies and procedures are in line with applicable Group Policies and Standards.
• Participate in internal fraud management forums and meetings and contribute by anticipating, identifying, and responding to emerging fraud risks.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, information technology or law. Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) will be considered an advantage.
• 5 – 8 years of experience in Financial Services with at least 3 years’ experience in fraud risk management, prevention, detection, or investigations.
• Understanding of fraud risks, business controls, regulatory issues, and market practices.
• Ability to collaborate with other teams and influence change within business units and teams.
• Effective negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills and data analysis capability.
• Proficiency in written and spoken English (Fluency in French will be considered an advantage).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.