Freedoms and Citizenship Campaign Manager
Jobs at:Amnesty International
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, July 16 2023
Date Posted: Sunday, July 09 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1. To design, manage and evaluate strategic campaign outcomes, theory of change and actions taken to deliver Amnesty International Kenya’s overall commitment to expanding freedoms of expression, association, assembly and active citizenship
2. To provide thought-leadership on freedoms and citizenship rights, initiate research ideas, inform mass and new media opportunities and spaces
3. To lead movement-building programs that can attract considerable number of supporters and members, alliances, and funding for human rights work in Kenya
4. Manage the Freedoms and Citizenship team by ensuring overall team effectiveness, actively managing performance, team welfare, recruitment and onboarding, learning and development and liaising with the admin team on administrative issues relating to the respective staff.
5. Manage the Freedoms and Citizenship budget while ensuring cost effectiveness and alignment to project activities
A change-maker with a passion and understanding of human rights, you will ensure all Amnesty campaigns and actions are underpinned by our theory of change by;
• Representing Amnesty and actively promoting the values and obligations contained in the constitution and international human rights standards and covenants;
• Leading in and participating in proactive and rapid response campaigns and actions
• Managing Amnesty resources towards significant impact with an eye for value for money, integrity and humility.
• Recruit, coach and significantly expand relationships with staff, volunteers and members that leaves them enlivened, active and empowered to act on human rights issues;
• Shape Amnesty’s research and public positioning in policy dialogues, public events, social and mass media engagement;
• Identify, nurture and expand collaboration with a core group of like-minded projects, institutions, duty-bearers, persons at risks, communities and human rights alliances, partners and other civic organisations;
• Support and drive online and off-line training and other empowerment tools, spaces and methodologies that supports the emergence of active, empowered and ethical circles of conscience nationally
• Engage and support other Amnesty initiatives nationally, regionally and globally in order to build comparative understanding and synergies across the Amnesty movement.
Essential Experience And Skills
• At least a first degree in law, criminal justice, human rights or another appropriate discipline and an Advocate of the High Court.
• At least 10 years relevant experience in coordinating human rights programmes, campaigns and or legal case flow management.
• At least 5 years relevant experience in managing staff, budgets or other change management;
• Demonstrated ability to analyze injustice and rights violations and to develop short and long-term outcome-based strategies that achieve human rights impact and change;
• Demonstrated experience of influencing civic organisations, social movements leaders and mid-level government officials, policy makers and law enforcement officials.
• Demonstrated fundraising, budget and strategy management competency as well as an ability to review/adapt them to fast changing political situations, exercising and promoting creative thinking;
• A confident public communicator with good analytical, presentation and editorial digital skills;
• Team leadership, outstanding social and intercultural skills and proven ability to multi-task and work to deadlines, sometimes under pressure and in challenging situations.
Desirable Experience And Skills
• Experience of coordinating protection for witnesses and survivors of human rights violations especially in responding to exclusion, discrimination, stigma and conflict
• Demonstrated experience of fundraising and budget-management upwards of Kshs ten million or more
• Evidence of coordinating research and documentation for policy influence.
• Experience of independently designing and delivering impactful and fully integrated campaigns through the complete campaign lifecycle (issue identification, strategy development, campaign delivery, monitoring, campaign exit and impact assessment)
• Experience of leading several teams simultaneously and contributing to setting priorities, motivating oneself and others, and resolving team conflicts.
• Demonstrated extensive and professional use of social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn among others).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.