Fund/Grants Manager – Finance Specialist
Deadline of this Job:
26 November 2022
Date Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Roles and Responsibilities
Implementing partner financial monitoring and reporting:
• Review of implementing partners’ progress reports and verification of information reported therein.
• Perform analysis of financial and programmatic information and make recommendations to clients.
• Conduct implementation verifications and spot-checks on an ongoing basis.
• Review key implementer and sub-implementer’s capacities and systems to implementing Fund/ Grant activities.
• Provide advise on the key implementer and sub-implementer’s compliance with grant/funding agreements.
• To assist clients in safeguarding expenditures related to supported activities by reviewing plans (workplans and budgets) and providing recommendations to clients.
• Assess and report on adequacy of fiduciary controls for financial management of donor funds at implementer level.
• Identify areas of financial risks and propose practical risk mitigation approaches.
• Management and escalation of any financial issues to the Team Leader as they arise in the financial oversight of the partners.
• Plan and coordinate meetings that may be required as part of project implementation between partners and clients, including but not limited to project review meetings, budget modifications discussions, and performance meetings.
• The manager will also be expected to support IDAS business development activities including strategy, opportunity tracking, proposal writing, lessons learning and thought leadership.
Qualifications and experience
• Proven experience of fund and grants management in development programmes across a range of sectoral areas. Candidates with experience in the health sector will have an added advantage.
• A minimum of 9 years of relevant experience working in a financial role, preferably with at least 4 years of post-qualification experience related to:
• financial accounting, with the ability to review and analyse accounting transactions;
• reviewing and negotiating budgets;
• financial management systems, with the ability to review and assess internal controls and financial processes and procedures and provide recommendations for improvement;
• review of financial statements (including income and expenditure statements, balance sheets and cash reconciliation statements); and
• review and interpretation of audit reports.
• Well-developed presentation, proposal and report writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
• University degree in Finance/Accounting or a related field. Master’s degree is highly preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
• An internationally recognised professional finance or accounting qualification – e.g. Institute of Certified Management Accountants (ICMA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Management Accountant (CMA), Chartered Accountant Certification, Chartered Financial Analyst etc.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 108
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.