Fundraising And Institutional Partnership Development Lead
Deadline of this Job:
30 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Fundraising And Institutional Partnership Development Lead
The holder of the position shall be responsible for the design and implementation of fundraising strategies polices and activities aimed at generation of adequate resources for delivery of the Country Strategy Paper and support to strengthening partnerships with the institutions of communities living in poverty and exclusion in accordance with the core values and principles of the organisation. In addition, the Lead shall deepen relationships with institutional donors; oversee Corporates, Trust and Foundations and facilitate linkages between local, country program and international fundraising teams in the GS and Funding Affiliates to deliver on strategic objectives of resource generation and donor relations. The job holder will oversee design of strategic focus for local voluntary fundraising including guiding the communications for fundraising approach to profile and brand the organization as the strategic partner of choice for funding and partnership. The holder of the position is a member of senior management team and is expected to ensure organizational efficiency and effectiveness through participation in decision making. Values Practice & Strategy Change Priorities
• Leading Innovation and Change - Establish a culture of excellence in respective to a team that values experimentation and continuous improvement • Feminist Leadership – Championing feminist leadership principles and values including commitment to diversity and inclusion (race, gender, power) • Child protection and safeguarding –Embed AAIK and sector’s approach to child protection and Safeguarding is embedded in all initiatives holistically • AAIK Values Practice – Ensure a personal and team culture that demonstrates all of AAI’s Values including: Mutual Respect, Equity and Justice, Integrity, Solidarity with people Living in Poverty and Exclusion, Courage of Conviction, Independence and Humility
Organisational and Corporate Development
• Contribute to the development and achievement of the AAI’s strategic objectives including Country Strategy development. • Keep the other members of the AAIK informed on fundraising implementation
• Ensure compliance & stay current with international, regional, and local legal requirements in the programme respective areas
Development and delivery of the AAIK’s fundraising strategy
• Lead, develop and manage delivery of the resource mobilization strategies, policies, and procedures in line with the changing donor trends to inform resource mobilization strategies
• Incorporate feasible innovations into AAIK’s fundraising practices, programmes, and partnerships from the local to the national to the global.
• Broaden the mix of already existing income streams and in collaboration with the Fundraising Coordinators develop new streams of income including major donors, regular giving, and legacy funding, among others.
• Work with Fundraising Coordinator – CS and LVF to manage infrastructure for Supporter Care as a means of maintaining a robust accountability system.
External phasing for relationship building, partnership and networking
• Collaborate with the Executive Director to further external relationship buildings with the targeted donors and engage with funding affiliates to negotiate with current donors for possible project scale-ups and extension.
• Work with the Programmes and Strategy Lead as well as the Executive Director to build and maintain relationship with existing fund managers and identify new fund managers for possible engagement for fundraising.
• Oversee support to partner organisations working with communities living in poverty to ensure they have capacity to mobilise and account for funding to ensure sustainability.
Increase Institutional Partnership Development (IPD) fundraising
• Develop and execute donor engagement strategies for official donor cultivation and relationship building meeting with the aim of submitting solicited and unsolicited proposals.
• Work with IPD Consultant and staff to guide formulation of fundable proposals in line with AAIK’s programmes and in accordance with the AAIK fundraising policy and strategy.
• Identify and pursue peer organizations for consortium building for possible fundraising bid submissions and implementation in collaboration with programme, policy, and campaign.
• Lead to establish relationships with bilateral and Multilateral organizations as well as build relationships with the Funding Affiliates.
Increase Corporates, Trusts and Foundations funding
• Oversee the development and execution of strategy by Fundraising Coordinator – Corporates, trust, and foundation for Funding Affiliates to scale up existing funding partnerships and establish new funding relationships
• Oversee relationship building by Fundraising Coordinator – CTF for identified new corporates, trusts, foundations through networking and events to create opportunities for corporate funding.
• Work with Executive Director and the Fundraising Coordinator – CTF, to engage with funding affiliates to develop strategic approaches for implementation of the AAIK Corporate Engagement Strategy (screening for engagement) and oversee processes of development of facilitative policy and legislative frameworks
• Oversee the development and submission of concept notes containing the core values and principles of the organisation to new and existing corporates, trusts, and foundations to increase support for AAIK.
To support Child Sponsorship and Local Voluntary fundraising and supporter marketing
• Lead development of Local Voluntary Fundraising Investment Business Cases for long term.
• Lead communications for fundraising strategy in liaison with Communications team and Programmes, Policy and Campaigns team for branding and visibility creation of AAIK.
• Oversee utilization of a customer relationship management CRM system.
Communications and collaborations
• In collaborations with the Senior Communications Officer lead and support the development of key messages which lead to the increased visibility of the AAIK Brand.
• Lead coordination of the contribution from every staff to fundraising through hosting events, content development, budget analysis, mapping opportunities, following up on engagements, among other approaches.
• Coordinate learning forums aimed at improving staff capacity to participate and support fundraising efforts
People Management, Mentoring and Development
• Effectively Lead and manage the Fundraising and CS team, ensuring a shared vision, teamwork, effective communication, active engagement, transparent and participatory yet productive decision-making and management approaches
• Support the Executive Director to instigate structural reform within AAIK, focusing on changes to the Fundraising and CS team (including, where necessary, supporting the recruitment of new staff) to align with the current Country Strategy Paper
• Working with all members of the AAIK fundraising and CS team and other units to ensure the effective participation and engagement in the design, implementation, monitoring and reporting of programmes
• Provide department oversight and directly supervise staff by reviewing individual work plans.
• Work with the HR Unit and fundraising and CS team to develop and implement effective ways through which performance is adequately managed in an empowering and women friendly work culture
• Work with HR to develop feminist leadership and women friendly environment within AAIK.
• Participate in Board and committee meetings and give necessary support and information.
• Establish measurable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews, and fair and unbiased evaluations; coaching, mentoring and other development opportunities; recognition and rewarding for outstanding performance; documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvement plans.
• Participate actively in fundraising and CS meetings, planning and review activities regarding LRP and partner programming.
• Actively participate in key relevant internal meetings such as fundraising and programme review meetings or LRP Area meetings as required. Participate in any donor visit to project(s) within AAIK, as required.
• Perform other functions that will be assigned by the Line Manager or Executive Director from time to time.
Approximate number of people managed in total 4
Education & Certifications A bachelor’s degree in social sciences, policy development or its equivalent from a recognized University
Experience Appointment to the position will be made from persons who have:
• Eight (8) years minimum working experience is essential
• At least 5 years’ experience in fundraising and experience in resource mobilization and donor relationship building levels is essential • Experience in proposal writing is desirable"> Essential knowledge and skills
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to handle sensitive negotiations on matters affecting AAIK staff, partners, and communities.
• Ability to maintain donor relationship and accountability in line with funding policies and standards.
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Excellent planning and prioritization skills
• Excellent Skills in Information Management
• Strong analytical/problem solving, and management of crisis, conflict, and risk
• A strong commitment to embedding feminist leadership, resilience building and AAIK’s humanitarian signature.
• A good understanding of human rights, women’s rights, social mobilization, socio-economic justice
• A strong commitment to adhering to and promoting AAIK’s approach to Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, and Abuse and other Safeguarding concerns (including child abuse and abuse of adults at-risk).
• Excellent conceptual, analytical, documentation and presentation skills
• Excellent skills in facilitation and capacity building for inter-linkages amongst staff, partners & stakeholders
• High degree of integrity, dependability, and confidentiality
• Good interpersonal and communication skills coupled with ability to influence, negotiate, advice, mentor, and train
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
Desirable Knowledge and Experience • Proposal writing and relationship building/ negotiation is preferred
Salary: Kshs. 332,288 per month">
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please send your CV and cover letter to hresources.Kenya@actionaid.org by close of business on 30th June, 2022. You are requested to highlight in the cover letter how you specifically meet the criteria for this role. ENSURE TO CLEARLY INDICATE WHICH POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE. Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. ActionAid International Kenya promotes diversity and welcomes applications from all section of the community. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.