Gender specialist Consultancy services for training of 50 Adolescent Girls Young Mothers (AGYM) in make Me an Agent of Change in Nasinyono community,
Deadline of this Job:
18 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1. Objectives of the Training:
The training will seek to address the following objectives;
1. Change agents" are empowered to address the identified barriers and motivate the rest of the community members to change their ways of thinking and beliefs.
2. Change agents are accompanied and supported in their work and increase the enrollment of more practitioners to the team for sustainability
3. To strengthen the knowledge and skills of 50 AGYM on project management
4. Key Deliverables
• A training manual, with focus on these four key desirable habits to be developed as proposed from the SBCC study 2021
1. The training should be with an emphasis on the Behavior Change Agent focusing on the pre-determined priority behavior and barriers as follows:
• Training report with the following content (in both pdf and MS Word formats):
1. Executive Summary
4. Deliberations/ training content
5. Workshop Achievements; including results from pre and post training evaluation
6. Emerging Issues/Challenges
7. Follow up sessions including coaching and mentorship sessions.
8. Conclusions and Recommendations
• High quality photos of the process in Jpeg format
1. Scope of Work & Expected Output
The consultant is expected to have expertise in climate friendly technologies and nutrition, training community members with rationale on the following: systems analysis, participatory processes, coaching and mentorship capacities, be able to work independently and be self-motivated. The consultant will work closely with AICHM Head of Programs in Nairobi, AICHM staff in Kakuma office. The target beneficiary community are in Nasinyono, Kakuma Turkana West where the training activities will be undertaken. AICHM will provide all the relevant contacts for stakeholders, County Government and community members in Nasinyono and kakuma during the data collection stage as required.
The Consultant will be accountable for the following deliverables:
• An Inception Report: The consultant will prepare the inception report before deployment to detail the consultant’s understanding of what is being reviewed and why, as well as proposed methods, tools, sources of data and procedures intended to address the key tasks outlined above. The inception report will also include a proposed training timetable, a Design training curriculum, Develop a 7-day training manual with a clear outline of activities and methods. The inception report shall not exceed 3 pages (without cover page).
• Conduct the actual training for 7 days.
• A Draft Report: A draft report should be presented to AICHM in Kenya within the agreed timeframe, Capturing the report of the process, a training report of day-to-day deliberation (capturing the voices) and a clear action plan providing high-quality photos of the process.
A PowerPoint presentation should be included with key findings and recommendations. The draft report should not exceed 30 pages (target 20 pages).
• A Final Report: The consultant will deliver a final training report to AICHM within the stipulated timelines, considering feedback received on the draft report. The final report should also consider the indicators as per the baseline for the project which will be monitored in the mid-term review phase. The consultant should submit both soft and colored hard copies of the report.
• The 2 future follow up meetings for assement on the project beneficiaries based on mentorship and coaching by the consultant in Nasinyono.
The consultant will be expected to employ participatory approaches appropriate to adult learners.
1. Duration and Timeline:
The consultant is expected to execute all the activities according to the schedule below. The timelines may be adjusted slightly when/if necessary.
Number of Days
Training sessions of the AGYM and Final Report-2022
Follow up meeting within 2022
Follow up assessments
Follow up meeting within year 2023
Follow up assessments
The total number of days:
1. Qualifications required:
2. Demonstrated experience and knowledge in livelihood, climate change, nutrition, gender analysis, women empowerment, gender programming, and gender mainstreaming and innovative strategies for developing gender equality action points.
3. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the relevant sector.
4. Extensive experience in curriculum /training modules
5. Strong interpersonal, facilitation, communication skills and attention to detail.
6. Excellent ability to write and articulate issues in a concise language
7. Ability to work in remote and harsh climatic conditions.
8. Very good spoken and written Kiswahili and English languages
9. Knowledge of the local language, culture and experience in working in Turkana/Kakuma is desirable.
10. Availability to fulfil the role and tasks within the stipulated timeframe.
11. Management of the study:
AICHM shall prepare a contract, which the consultant shall sign to commit himself/herself; the consultant shall be answerable to the AICHM team in Nairobi and AICHM team in Kakuma.
In collaboration with AICHM, the consultant shall facilitate the organization of the work related to the assessment during this exercise.
The consultant shall be entirely responsible for the execution of the work plan, Training manual, report generation and submission. The consultant should be available for 2 future follow up mentorship and coaching sessions with the beneficiaries in Nasinyono. This is to be included in the consultant's bid.
AICHM will be responsible for the consultant’s logistical arrangements related to the training (travel, accommodation, flights, taxis, and fuel and translators fees).
The consultant remains the overall responsibility for the operational and administrative management of the study in the field. The consultant shall maintain confidentiality and abide by the consent offered by beneficiaries to be trained and AICHM staff.
1. Documents available as a link on AICHM website
• Baseline survey
• Log frame indicators.
• Project proposals
• Formative research and SBCC strategy, Turkana West Sub-County, April 2021.
1. Payment term
Inception report including a preliminary outline of the final report
After the signing of the contract
Conduct training sessions with AGYM
Upon submission of the draft report of the training and after presenting the findings to a panel of experts
Final training reports approved
upon submission of the final report both soft copy and 2 hard copies colored printed.
Follow up visits ( Year 2)
Year 2 of the project
Will be agreed upon with the consultant
Follow up visits (Year 3)
Year 3 of the project
Will be agreed upon with the consultant
1. Selection criteria for hiring a consultant
The ratio between the technical and financial criteria established will be 70/30 (technical/price), given the importance of the technical aspects of this assignment. The technical evaluation criteria for the technical rating will be as follows.
Postgraduate degree in gender studies, social sciences, development, planning, strategic planning or statistics. Specialist skills in evaluation and development and planning Excellent interpersonal, participatory processes, and human relations skills Workshop facilitation skills.
At least 10 years of professional work experience in gender analysis, women empowerment, gender programming, gender mainstreaming, coaching and mentorship expertise, project implementation, monitoring and evaluation; the team must demonstrate a capacity for cost-benefit analysis
Adequacy of the proposed methodology and work plan in responding to the Terms of Reference 40%
Organization Capacity and Past Performance of the Firm
Highlight the firm’s capacity and provide at least three reference letters of similar assignments conducted in the last five years of similar scope. (Provide the client name; Address of Client; Email address and work phone of the client's contact person; summary of assignment; the value of assignment; period of the assignments)
1. Financial Proposal
The financial proposal should be in Kenya shillings and not any other currency.
1. Professional fees chargeable –amount they expect to be paid per day.
2. Breakdown of the fees and disbursements (including the logistics.)
3. All applicable taxes (VAT and withholding taxes quoted)
4. The financial proposal shall be sent as a separate attachment protected
5. The financial proposal should be in Kenyan currency and not any other currency.
2. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
3. The AICHM Role and responsibilities:
1. AICHM will facilitate the beneficiary training costs including logistics and refreshments.
2. AICHM will facilitate the translator costs including logistics and refreshments.
3. Prepare and effect payment for the consultant upon completion of the assignment
4. Facilitate Transport from Kakuma Town to Nasinyono and back
5. The Consultants Role and Responsibilities:
The Consultant will be primarily responsible to:
1. Develop/design training materials and manuals
2. Conduct trainings to the beneficiaries and staffs
3. Facilitate their own travel arrangements, logistics and accommodation to and from the field.
4. Ethical considerations
The formative research and a barrier analysis should be conducted following the principles outlined in the United Nations Evaluation Group (UNEG) evaluation standards and ‘Ethical Guidelines for research’. The consultant must address evaluation ethics and enact safeguards to protect the rights and confidentiality of information providers, provisions to store and maintain the security of collected information and protocols to ensure anonymity and confidentiality. The consultant will remain impartial and will not act as a representative of any party throughout the evaluation process. To ensure that the key ethical principles for the conduct of research involving human subjects are followed, each potential respondent will be given full information about the research including the purpose and potential benefits of the research, their rights, and how the information collected will be used. They will also be informed that all data will be kept confidential, being only accessible by members of the assessment team. Verbal consent is required from all adults who agree to participate. Participants under the age of 18 will require signed consent from a parent/guardian. All participants will be informed of their right to discontinue their participation at any point and an approach for ensuring confidentiality will be described.
AICHM head of programs will be the key contact point for the overall deliverables.
1. Assignment duration
This assignment is expected to be completed within 13 days broken down as (9 training days and 4 separate future follow up meetings in the field). The consultant/s are required to submit a detailed work plan, proposed human resources, time frame, schedule of activities in the technical proposal, and budget breakdown in Kenya shillings inclusive of all applicable taxes in the financial proposal.
1. Rights to copyright
The produced materials shall be the absolute property of AICHM and ownership shall automatically vest in AICHM so all the copyright will be with AICHM. Materials collected during the field trip cannot be used by any other parties other than AICHM. The consultant irrevocably and unconditionally waives in favor of AICHM any moral rights that may exist in any of the works or materials, provided that AICHM uses all reasonable endeavors to ensure that the consultant (photographer is credited in all appropriate uses of a photograph provided as part of the service, provided that AICHM shall not be in breach of contract if credit(s) are accidentally omitted
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested consultants to submit their technical and financial proposals demonstrating their ability to deliver on this assignment based on their qualifications and experience. Detailed proposals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org citing ‘RFP/AICHM/BMZ/AGYM TRAINING/18052022; on the subject line of the email. On or before 18th July at 11:59 PM EAT. No applications shall be accepted after this deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The proposal must be provided in the English Language. The budget should be in Kenya shillings and not any other currency
AICHM reserves the right to determine the structure of the process, the number of short-listed participants, the right to withdraw from the proposal process, the right to change this timetable at any time without notice and reserves the right to withdraw this tender at any time, without prior notice and without liability to compensate and/or reimburse any party
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.