Jobs at:Turkana County Government
Deadline of this Job:
09 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Requirements and competencies for appointment:
• Relevant working experience of five (5) years in the Accounting Audit or Financial field; o
• Passed Part III of Certified Public Accounting (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent;
• Masters degree in any of the following: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and Registration of Accountants Board (RAB);
• Attended a Strategic Leadership Development Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Provision of advisory services to the Accounting officers and other stakeholders on all financial and accounting matters in accounting unit;
• Ensuring proper interpretation and implementation of financial regulations and procedures, treasury circulars, letters and instructions;
• Developing supplementary financial regulations and procedure to enhance internal controls establishment through normal Treasury regulations and procedures;
• Provision of quality and timely accounting services in the accounting unit; including maintenance of accurate accounting records and preparation of management and statutory financial reports;
• Ensuring all statutory reports are prepared as per the required law;
• Safe guarding Government Assets and records in the Accounting unit, and
• Supervising training and development of the Accounting officers.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Written applications, CV’s, copies of certificates, testimonials and Identity Card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawoitorong road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway so as to reach the undersigned on or before Friday, 9th December, 2022 by 5.00pm. (East African Time).
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.