General Manager, Finance & Administration
Jobs at:Kenya Investment Authority (Keninvest)
Deadline of this Job:
14 November 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
General Manager, Finance & Administration
Duties and Responsibilities
• Implementing finance and human resources policies, regulations and strategies by ensuring effective and efficient utilization of finance and human resource in the Authority;
• Designing, developing and monitoring implementation of internal financial control measures and systems to safe guard the property and assets of the Authority;
• Carrying out Financial and Resource planning for the Authority including maintenance of financial records as well as preparation of Statutory accounts;
• Developing and managing the recruitment function, welfare of the Authority and other incentive schemes such as medical, employee insurance and other health and safety requirements;
• Regular reviewing of remuneration policy and structure, analyzing the staffing levels and advising as appropriate on succession planning;
• Overseeing the professional development training program for staff and ensuring completion of annual performance appraisals;
• Providing appropriate guidance on the interpretation and implementation of financial and human resource regulations;
• Preparing, designing and maintaining a proper accounting and financial system;
• Overseeing the preparation of the core budget, providing technical support and advising line managers on budgeting, budget implementation and monitoring;
• Overseeing procurement, safeguarding and maintenance of assets of the Authority; and
• Overseeing staff assigned to the Authority and supporting Management committees as may be required.
Requirements for appointment
• Have a Master’s degree specializing in Finance/Accounts, Business Administration & Management or any other equivalent and relevant field from a recognized Institution.
• Have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounts, BCom (Finance/Accounts option) or any equivalent and other relevant field from a recognized Institution.
• Have at least twelve (12) years of experience five (5) of which must be in senior management in the public service or in a large and reputable organization in the private sector.
• Demonstrate results in work performance and ability to work with multigenerational staff.
• Be a Member in GOOD standing of a relevant Professional Body.
• Be a Certified Public Accountant (K) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or equivalent and relevant.
• Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
Compliance with Chapter 6 of the Kenyan ConstitutionSuccessful candidate shall be required to meet the following compliance requirements and present them before engagement:
• A Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
• A Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
• A Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
• A Clearance Certificate from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC); and
• A Clearance Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 144
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates should submit their application letters together with copies of Curriculum Vitae, certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees including a reliable telephone and email contact, and submit to the undersigned to reach by 5.00 p.m. on Monday, 14th November, 2022, East African Time.
The Ag. Managing Director
Kenya Investment Authority
Old Mutual Tower, Upper Hill Road, 15th Floor
P. O Box 55704-00200
Online applications may be submitted through email address: email@example.com
Applicants wishing to submit their applications by hand may submit them to the Authority’s offices located at 15th UAP Old Mutual Tower, Upper Hill Road during the official working hours.
Applicants for the position are advised to clearly indicate the position they are applying for on the top right of the envelop. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.