Global Grants Manager
Jobs at:International Center for Reproductive Rights
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CRR is currently seeking a Grants Manager to join our finance team and to support CRR’s growing restricted funding sources. The Grants Manager will manage and monitor the Center’s restricted grants, lead the development of grant budgets, budget templates and other financial tools (pipelines, projections, etc.,) and help build the financial and budgeting capacity of the program staff, and ensure timely financial reporting and compliance with donors’ requirements through the life of CRR programs, projects, donor-funded projects and partnerships and sub-awards.
This position will work closely with the finance, program and development teams to lead our budgeting and financial reporting efforts and will also have a significant role assisting with expense tracking and reporting, including reviewing monthly salary, expense and , overhead allocations to grant codes and monitoring grant budget v actuals spend on a monthly basis. The Grants Manager will collaborate closely with our tech and finance teams to ensure that financial metrics are accurately tracked across our existing Vena budgeting software and Blackbaud online systems. The ideal candidate will be experienced working with financial statements, budgeting and dashboards, be comfortable with grant expense tracking and reporting processes in various currencies, and will be extremely detail-oriented, with a passion for process improvement. The Grants Manager will report to the Sr. Manager, Finance.
The position can be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
• Work closely with Development, Finance and program staff to develop fundraising proposal budgets and to align grant budgets with annual program and organizational budgets.
• As needed, review and assess donor solicitations (both for CRR as a prime and partner) for financial and budgeting requirements and provide input and guidance to both Development, Program Areas and Regional Offices.
• In collaboration with CRR Development, Compliance, and Program teams, draft and/or oversee proposal and award budgets, budget narratives and obtain supporting documentation.
• Review proposal budgets for accuracy, adherence to donor restrictions and provide guidance with using donor templates.
• Collaborate and provide guidance in the development of donor compliant financial and regulatory standards. Serve as a reference on donors’ financial rules, regulations and policies for teams developing donor proposals.
Post-Award to Close-Out:
• Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of grants, donor financial compliance, and budget conditions and status; attends and actively participates in grant related meetings as appropriate.
• Work with Development, Operations, and Program Teams, to assist in the meeting of both internal and external reporting deadlines; maintains grants module or other grants management system, once implemented
Review, track, and analyze grant expenses, as necessary.
• Prepare and/or assist in the preparation and review of final and interim financial reports, all grant budget modifications, supporting documentation requests from donors and disbursement requests to be sent to donors
• Provide financial compliance focused assistance to Operations/Finance and Program staff, as needed, to prepare for audits and project close-out
• Assist in the development and documenting of current financial processes and the drafting and roll-out of new financial policies necessary to meet donor and organizational requirements.
• Assist Sr. Finance Manager and CFAO in calculation of overhead and changes in allocation methodology for shared costs, including personnel.
• Work across various departments to collaborate on the development of CRR proposal budget guidelines/SOPs budget templates and narratives to meet donor requirements.
• Develop budget trainings, including materials and assist in the roll-out and conducting of in person trainings.
• Assist in identifying opportunities to streamline and improve processes, providing input for automating processes, and actively implementing changes, as needed.
• Assist in the review, enhancement and development of CRR policies, procedures, systems and trainings that ensure CRR compliance with all donor financial rules and regulations so that CRR is a trusted responsible implementing partner.
• Assist in the development of a CRR Sub-award/Partnership Policy, Tools, Workflows/SOPs and organizational trainings.
• Manage sub-grant process from a financial perspective, including reviewing and approving subgrant partner financial reports for financial compliance and creating or improving processes as necessary
• Work with Revenue & Grant Accountant to ensure accurate restricted funding releases, as needed for revenue recognition and audit reporting
• Identify issues of over or underspending and work with program and Finance teams on solutions to keep grants on track.
• Knowledge with Center and Donor Proposal Process and Budget/Financial Narrative Development
• Strong Budgeting/Excel Skills and ability to train and build center-wide budgeting capacity.
• Experience working with restricted donors, specifically, DFID, SIDA, UN Agencies, Global Affairs Canada
• Knowledge with grants management, budgeting and financial reporting for grants from foundations, and governments/international organizations
• Partnership/sub-award experience including instrument development, systems and process development.
• Familiarity with basic nonprofit accounting principles
• Strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills, able to work with people at different levels of the organization, from a wide range of backgrounds
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to anticipate issues, surface them promptly
• Able to juggle competing priorities, follow through on assigned tasks or projects, and exercise good judgment in consulting supervisor when needed
• Able to work both independently and as part of a team
• Flexible to make calls and meetings outside standard working hours to accommodate colleagues working in other time zones
• Feedback (Improve & Innovate) - Adapts communication style to ensure clarity of expectations; Demonstrate growth by coaching others how to give feedback.
• Collaboration (People First) - Listens and invites different views across all levels of the organization to build alignment in support of a common goal; Collaborates with own and across teams (i.e., participating on teams other than their own and contributing to the desired outcome of that team) and department at the Centre.
• Accountability - Takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions; following through on commitments; implements decisions that have been agreed upon; maintains confidentiality with sensitive information; acknowledges and learns from mistakes without blaming others; recognizes the impact of one's behaviour on others; leads.
• Develop & Manage Self & Others - Direct People Management expected; maintains a strong record of empowering and motivating employees.
• Problem Solving - Leads on solving complex problems under guidance of directors; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions; proactively adapts to change; provides technical expertise to director- led problem solving
• Decision Making - Takes on responsibilities with annual planning work and implementation of strategic and unit priorities.
• Internal/External Focus - Can incorporate, promote and identify potential solutions that have a mutually beneficial solution for both involved.
• Influence - Explains difficult concepts and influences others to adopt a desired point of view, and achieve a positive outcome in support of project-related objectives; Maintain a healthy attitude throughout the life of the initiative so others continue to be inspired to achieving its goals
• Project Management - Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to International Center for Reproductive Rights on reproductiverights.org to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.