Global Internal Audit (GIA) Learning & Development Advisor
Jobs at:World Vision Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
26 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• This role will report to the Global Director – GIA Operations, and provide support in the areas of Learning and Development, Talent Management and Capacity Building, in accordance with Partnership practice and the objectives of GIA.
• This role will provide leadership in the development and management of a comprehensive learning and development framework for GIA, which integrates learning and development, capacity building and talent development into staff’s day-to-day work, for improved performance.
• The role involves communicating and consulting with key internal and external stakeholders and thought leaders to leverage resources, implement learning and development programs, processes and improvements, and promote the importance of talent development to enable GIA’s strategic vision and mission. This also includes understanding Partnership Policies and Guidance, and translating these to ensure it is fit for purpose.
Learning & Development
• Coordinate the development, sourcing for, execution and monitoring of a strategic learning and development plan, ensuring the engagement of all key stakeholders, applying relevant L&D standards and tools, including collaboration with WVI P&C Function as appropriate
• Support GIA stakeholders to evaluate GIA’s job roles and competencies from time to time.
• Support the GIA Operations Director to design, develop and maintain a suitable GIA competency framework for a range of roles in GIA. This will include creating self-assessment tools, learning needs analysis tools and individual learning plans that can inform annual professional development planning.
• Undertake internal and external research and benchmarking of effective learning frameworks across INGO and Non-INGO environments, to aid in developing and keeping current GIA’s L&D Strategy.
• To lead GIA learning initiatives end-to-end including training needs analysis, instructional design and development, stakeholder engagement, train-the-trainer and project management. Implements the tactical components of the IT strategy at an Enterprise level.
• Stakeholder engagement and consultation, including with the P&C Business Partner, GIA SLT, Regional Directors, Audit and GIIU Managers and staff to translate, enable and coordinate the requirements of people practices and processes.
• Promote, enable and coordinate input from all key stakeholders. Ensure wide consultation and collaboration to leverage existing internal/external resources and best practices. The Consultation will also be focused on identifying quick wins and buy-in and commitment to GIA’s Strategy and Vision.
• Keep abreast of research and latest trends and learning from changes within WV and externally, and continually build professional expertise and maintain understanding in the field of audit, investigations and other relevant areas.
• Maintain effective methods of communication with GIA team members across the partnership to allow staff to keep abreast of industry trends, new research, and key areas of concern to improve departmental outcomes.
Professional development and knowledge management
• Lead the development, implementation and continuous refinement of an Annual Professional Development Plan for GIA to establish and embed an integrated approach to GIA staff capacity building.
• Evaluate learning program effectiveness, capacity build, individual and performance enhancement, engagement. Development and tracking of appropriate metrics – quantitative and qualitative.
• Design and develop a suite of learning products/systems and services for use by GIA. Using an appropriate platform develop an e-Library that will host a variety of learning resources.
• Support GIA Management in building GIA’s Talent Pool with targeted talent development programs using well-defined methods and tools.
• Work closely with the P&C Business Partner to provide accurate talent pool information to the GIA SLT, consolidating information from managers for meaningful management information, which includes progress on talent development action plans.
• Lead research and provide advice on strategic decisions such as the most cost-effective recruitment countries for specific skills sets; talent development options for staff in a specialist or leadership track.
• Encourage “ready” internal candidates from talent list to apply for various roles within the Partnership that would allow staff rotation.
• Plan, co-ordinate, monitor and evaluate onboarding and orientation for GIA
• Support the GIA Operations Director in coordinating the Our Voice Annual Survey, including facilitating action planning and follow-up of actions.
• Support the integration of internship/graduate programs into the wider GIA learning and development program
• Other responsibilities may be delegated from time to time by the Global Director – GIA Operations
Knowledge/Qualifications For The Role
Required professional experience, education, training, license, registration, and certification:
• Masters or Bachelor's level (MBA/MA) with at least 5 years of strong knowledge and specialist expertise in learning and development.
• Proven knowledge and experience in competency-based learning and development.
• Experienced in Multi-channel learning/development/assessment design and delivery.
• Experienced as a facilitator and trainer across multiple areas.
• Analytical and diagnostic skills – effective in undertaking gap analysis & research skills.
• Ability to engage in a multi-cultural setting with cross-cultural working experience.
• Proven team-building and interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail and thoroughness.
• Effective participant in a team environment with diplomacy and tact.
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with senior leaders in GIA.
• Knowledge of and ability to identify and articulate best practices and develop/implement a program of continuous learning and development process improvements.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, project management and organizational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office standard packages.
Preferred skills, knowledge and experience:
• Minimum of 2 years of Managerial experience.
• Internal audit experience working for an International Non-Governmental Organization.
• Professional accreditation in L&D-related practices and tools - desirable
• Working proficiency in French and/or Spanish an added advantage.
• Knowledge of audit and investigation processes and activities an added advantage.
• Proven ability to lead teams and ensure successful results.
• Knowledge of World Vision’s structure, regulations and operations.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.