Vacancy title: Grant Accountant - Beyond WASH Project[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at: World Vision
Deadline of this Job:
08 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Country: Samburu, Kenya
City: Oldonyiro, Kenya
Time type: Full time
posted on, Posted Yesterday
Job requisition id: R6122
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Role and Responsibilities
• Preparation of timely and accurate financial reports for submission to support offices, donors and management as required.
• Prepare and submit timely, accurate and complete grants financial reports.
• Load grants reports in FFR database.
• Prepare management reports for decision making purposes.
• Support and participate in year- end processes
• Help Project staff in linking Grant Budget to Grant Work-plans, so that the activities to be undertaken in the projects matches to the budget.
• Ensure strict adherence to the approved budgets.
• Monitor and review activities to ensure that only budgeted costs have been incurred.
• Prepare analysis of grant expenditure for management action to help in monitoring the burn rate for grants and special projects.
Monitoring and Compliance
• Monitor Project expenses against the approved budget.
• Reconcile LDRs with payroll for the project staff under grants.
• Ensure donor regulations are adhered to for the assigned projects.
• Perform Vendor screening.
• Support and coordinate grants end closure processes
• Facilitate audit process for assigned grants both internal and external audits
• Provide relevant information for audit responses
• Follow up on implementation of audit recommendations
• Review grants PRFs for budget availability and proper coding
• Provide and maintain grants financial information for safe custody and access
• Ensure assets purchased through donor funds are properly utilized and safe guarded
• Attend program technical meetings and give feedback and updates on financial aspect of the assigned grants.
• Ensure good storage of financial reports and records in line with the WVK and donor requirements
• Ensure all copies of final signed Grant agreements documents between donors and WVK is available on file
• Perform any other duties as requested by the supervisor
Knowledge & Qualification
• Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Accounting or Finance or related field
• CPA Section 4
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
• Experience in the humanitarian sector
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good interpersonal skills.
• Practical experience of using SUN system accounting Software is preferred
• Advanced excel and analytical skills
• A team player.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click on the link below to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.