Grant Accountant Payable
Jobs at:World Vision Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
19 September 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Grant Accountant Payable
• Processing of financial payments
• Ensure timely processing of payments to service providers
• Timely facilitation of staff with advance requests for smooth operations
• Review M-pesa requests from the various requesters for completeness of documentation.
• Validate M-pesa requests using Safaricom portal, make necessary corrections in liaison with the requestors
• File the final payment reports from Safaricom portal
Financial management and staff support
• Manage and address service providers' queries with regards to payments
• Process petty cash requests as needed
• Analyze and submit exempted taxes (VAT) for refund based on donor guidelines.
• Build capacity of staff and service providers on payment system requirements and changes.
• Prepare timely invoices for submission to the donor
• Timely and accurate booking of received income
Reconciliation of Balance Sheet Accounts
• Undertake reconciliation of receivable and payables accounts for the program:
• Constantly monitor balance sheet account balances
• Follow up for timely accounting and facilitate booking of staff advances.
• Match transaction amounts in the balance sheet accounts
• Prepare monthly reconciliation statements for the balance sheet accounts
• Identify risks associated with the role for inclusion in Riskconnect and advice on mitigation measures.
• Support grant project audits according to the donor requirements.
• Support timely implementation of findings and recommendations from audits and various accountability mechanisms
• Ensure the grant operate within WV internal control systems to mitigate risks and ensure accountability.
• Actively participating in project start up workshops to ensure financial aspect of projects are fully understood.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or designee
Qualification & Skills
• Minimum 4 years of relevant accounting experience
• Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
• Experience in electronic payments and mobile money transactions
• Knowledgeable on US grant financial management
• Advanced excel and analytical skills
• Minimum of a Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting/ Finance, Economics or Business related field from a recognized university
• Professional qualifications in CPA (K) or ACCA finalist
• Practical experience of using SUN system accounting Software is preferred
• Knowledge and experience in ERP.
• Experience working for an INGO is preferred
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.