Grant Application Officer
Jobs at:WTS Energy
Deadline of this Job:
15 September 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our Client, a leading company involved in energy management solutions which include energy audits and energy management training is seeking to recruit a Grants Application Officer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing a robust fundraising strategy to grow the companies’ impact and programs in the implementation of its 5-year strategic plan. He or she Must have a minimum of 5 years experience.
• Develop and implement the institutional fundraising strategy.
• Build strong, effective networks and relationships with donors.
• Manage key institutional awards and grants including delivering all financial and technical reporting and close-out processes.
• Collaborate with management to develop high-quality funding proposals and deliver on grant accountabilities.
• Grow and sustain an institutional income in line with clean energy strategic plan.
• Develop high-quality funding applications including proposals, budgets, log frames, and theory of change in accordance with funder guidelines.
• Research, identify, and plan approaches to new institutional funding opportunities for the initiatives.
• Provide guidance and ensure understanding of any implications, risks, and opportunities of institutional funding applications/awards.
• Remain abreast of institutional donor trends in line with global development goals and share knowledge as appropriate across the organization.
• Represent Lean energy at networks and forums relevant to institutional funding and funders.
• Support other areas of fundraising as required in the development of effective fundraising proposals.
• Develop and guide grants implementation ensuring M&E systems and procedures for awarded grants are in place.
• Lead on institutional donor grant agreement/contract negotiations and compliance ensuring reporting requirements for all institutional donors are met and reports to partners meet set deadlines.
• Regularly update all key internal stakeholders on the terms and conditions of donor grant agreements/contracts, including key deadlines.
• Manage due diligence processes, facilitate donor audits and coordinate with the Head of Programmes on external evaluations.
• Collate and manage data for publication to the companies learning system.
• Implement the donor management system ensuring all donor contacts, engagements, and deliberations are recorded and tracked towards meeting programme needs.
• Other duties will be assigned by the management.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
• A bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Business, Communications or any other related fields.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in institutional fundraising, grants acquisition, and management in a complex multi-country NGO with demonstrable experience in raising 5 to 6-figure incomes from multi-lateral, bilateral, trusts, foundations, and the private sector.
• Well-informed on the latest trends in the grants sector with specially honed skills in proposal development and grants monitoring systems.
• Strong interpersonal and networking skills to work across a complex organization structure.
• A results-orientated leader with the ability to handle tight deadlines, and an intensive
• Workload and manage multiple conflicting organizational, donor, and other stakeholder demands.
• Working knowledge of programs/projects cycle management.
• Demonstrate leadership and team-building ability.
• Working knowledge of proposal writing and negotiation skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.