Jobs at:Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi)
Deadline of this Job:
27 August 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the position
The overall purpose of this role is to ensure good donor relationship by implementing all donor’s requirements for specific projects. We are looking for someone with previous successful experience in managing and reporting to donors to add capacity to DNDi’s global fundraising team
This role requires someone who is highly organized, with a head for planning, systems and processes for managing donor deadlines and data requirements. We are looking for someone who can efficiently manage their own time and deliverables. We are looking for someone with an ability and interest to work with the External Relations (Fundraising) team and to contribute to the success of DNDi. This role requires someone who is open, interested, and curious.
Specific Job Responsibilities
• Manage a portfolio of projects funded by donors and implement efficiently all donors’ requirements with the different teams involved (finance, R&D, legal, procurement, M&E etc.…).
• Support to project teams regarding donor management.
• Contribute towards, population and development of team planning systems for the delivery of donor reports including via Salesforce, SharePoint, Outlook calendar, and other planning tools.
• Contribute to the collection and collation of qualitative and quantitative data to support donor reporting using shared systems across DNDi, in a timely and efficient manner for use in donor reports.
• Write donor narrative reports with the contribution of project teams, receipt of funding acknowledgement letters, explanation, development, and follow-up of donor reporting templates.
• Keep track of overall financial requirements from donors and invoicing systems.
• Where required, support input towards donor grant proposals and grant extensions.
• Establish relationships with donor project managers and establish the link between project teams and donors funding their project.
• Attend meetings and support R&D Disease teams where required.
• Where appropriate, liaison with DNDi Finance, M&E, legal and Regional Office staff based in the DNDi East Africa office.
• Travel may be required e.g., to R&D Disease meetings in the field, or to meet with External Relations colleagues in the DNDi office in Geneva, Switzerland.
• Contribute generally to the External Relations (Fundraising) team
Skills and Attributes
• Strong ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
• Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates good judgment and problem-solving competencies
• Strong communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environments
• Strong ability to work effectively as part of a multicultural team
• Well organized and structured
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong ability to provide high level support in project/program delivery
• Strong ability to manage medium/large projects with budget management
• Strategic thinking and leadership abilities
• Strong management, negotiation, and advocacy skills
• Has autonomy for taking actions and decisions
• Strong ability to interact with external stakeholders
• Lead and motivate a small team for optimum performance, supervising junior staff
• Minimum 6 years' relevant experience.
• Experience to manage donor’s grant is highly desirable
• Graduate degree in a relevant field
• Advanced post graduate degree and/or master’s degree will be an added advantage
• Familiarity with Salesforce, SharePoint, and other donor management tools.
• Familiar with donor requirements such as the European Union and/or US public donors
• Strong writing skills in English
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) on dndi.org to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.