Jobs at:Fairtrade International
Deadline of this Job:
17 January 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Key Duties And Responsibilities:
Grants & Partner Management
• Ensure departments comply with all donor rules, regulations, and award conditions to ensure funds are used for the intended purpose.
• Monitor deposits & money transfers and maintain balances to ensure project needs are met.
• Ensure all costs related to the grant are charged to avoid overspending and underspending within projects.
• Monitor budget spends and account for any variances.
• Participate in grant proposal development and extensions and provide technical support in development of grant budgets
• Monitor financial performance for grants and produce reports according to donor reporting requirements
• Manage preparation, consolidation and distribution of timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements reflecting status of projects and or programs based on donor requirements
• Facilitate the transfer of funds to partners, monitor fund utilization and ensure partners understand and complete the financial reports.
• Carry out periodic review of internal control environment affecting both program and support operations for potential risk exposures
• Monitor compliance with grant funding requirements and provide appropriate guidance to programme and partner staff including allowable and non-allowable costs, grant closeout, preparation of budget modifications and requests for carry over or extensions as needed.
• Consolidate regular progress reports from the projects managers and provide donor reports. Ensure donor rules are adhered to and reporting instructions followed
• Regularly review of partner organization’s reports and provide them with documented feedback ensuring they comply with FTA
Financial Management Guidelines
• Manage timesheets
• Financial Management
• Post and review all expenditures and transactions in Oracle, according to programme and projects budgets and FTA’s internal financial procedures
• Ensure that all information required for audit is available including financial reports and schedules
• Review payments, journal entries, cost allocations and other postings into accounting system and ensure proper coding, data quality and integrity of all accounting/financial transactions
• Analyse risk areas in internal controls and recommend mitigating measures
• Carry out monthly reconciliations of partner accounts.
• Ensure all partners /staff comply with the Internal control procedures at FTA.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or in a related field
• Professional accounting qualification such as CPA-K, ACCA
Experience and Knowledge
• At least 3 - 5 years’ experience in a similar position in an international non-governmental organization
• Experience in managing large donor-funded budgets and donor reporting
• Knowledge of grants management, donor contracting, monitoring of expenditure, budgeting, donor/financial reporting.
• Experience working with a multitude of donors/funding partners.
• Experience in enforcing internal financial procedures
• Good command of spoken and written English
• Proficiency in the use of accounting systems, in particular Oracle NetSuite.
• Advanced book-keeping skills, including the ability to analyse financial information and prepare complete financial statements.
• Strong financial planning and management skills.
• Ability to analyze and synthesis complex information quickly and effectively.
• Strong networking and relationship building ability; ability to work with a range of stakeholders, internal and external, including senior staff and donors.
• Advanced excel skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Completed applications should be saved in the applicant’s name and the position (Grants Accountant) and be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Interested and qualified? Go to Fairtrade International on fairtradeafrica.net to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.