Grants & Compliance Officer
Jobs at:Habitat for Humanity Kenya (HFHK)
Deadline of this Job:
23 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client, Habitat for Humanity Kenya (HFHK) seeking to recruit a Grant and Compliance Officer to ensure the compliance of all donor grant requirements. S/he will oversee compliance donor and internal rules through coordination with program and finance teams. S/he will support data consolidation, grant projects implementation and timely submission of accurate and informative reports.
• Understanding of all grants and respective donors and projects based on requirements of compliance and prepare monitoring system.
• Assist in review of concept notes and grant applications and provide input for proposal development.
• In liaison with others support in the preparation of timely, accurate and relevant donor reports.
• Assist and participate in programmatic and financial audits specific to grants and develop tools and methods for such audits.
• Support the design and implantation of PME systems and data management that allows for development and measurement of key organizational indicators as agreed.
• Follows-up and monitors grantees for budget utilization and the implementation of planned activities as per the agreement.
• Update and check the grant matrix monthly to confirm that the grant budget has not been over-obligated.
• Support to document lessons learned and better practices from projects.
• Maintain comprehensive records including correspondence, approvals for each grant in accordance with the grant requirements.
• Ensure the HFHK complies with the local legislations and HFHI requirements.
• Ensure that all audit queries relating to donor reports are adequately resolved and a report submitted to finance manager.
• Participate in procurement processes to ensure compliance to donor and HFHK policies requirements.
• Take lead in projects kick-off and close out processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or any other related field.
• CPA Qualifications
• Minimum 5 years of experience, at least 3 years with grant or contract management and compliance in an NGO environment.
• Previous experience with donor agencies such as USAID, UNHCR, BMZ, KOICA, ADH, EU Funding etc. is preferred.
• MS Office suite savvy - Experience in using SUN-System will be an added advantage.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.