Grants & Finance Manager
Jobs at:International Rescue Committee
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, June 18 2023
Date Posted: Monday, June 05 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Grants and Finance Manager will maintain a portfolio of grants within IRC’s Technical Excellence Department. Reporting to the Grants and Finance Coordinator, this position will work closely with in-country and HQ grants staff, finance and business development to ensure timely and accurate grant reporting, maintenance of grant records, and leadership of the proposal process for new grants. The Grants and Finance Manager will also be responsible for tracking grant spending, developing spending plans, and handling internal disbursement of grant funding to country programs. This position has limited field travel and support for special projects.
Major Responsibilities: Grants and Budget Management
• Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of grants, donor compliance, and budget conditions and status
• Review, track, and analyze expenditures for standard grants
• Review monthly BvAs and transaction detail reports, participate in monthly budget meetings and ensure that all BvAs and financial reports accurately reflect current and planned spending
• Make any necessary spending plan adjustments
• Attend and actively participate in all grant related meetings
• Work in close collaboration with the Senior Adviser, Grant Operations and the Deputy Director, Business Operations to harmonize grants as part of Technical Excellence’s funding portfolio
• Work with relevant Technical Unit and HQ-based finance staff to ensure accuracy of financial reports and to promptly identify and advise applicable grant leads on areas of concern
• Review and process sub-grants to country programs for grant activities
• Coordinate the approval of agreements, amendments, cost extensions and no-cost extensions for grants
• Apply existing IRC standard grant management processes (OTIS, project cycle meetings, etc.) and develop new tools or reporting formats to enhance grants management
• Manage salary allocations by tracking and monitoring all salary lines in grant budgets
• Work with other Grants & Finance Managers to streamline and harmonize IRC processes
Donor Reporting and New Business
• Develop guidance, templates, and toolkits to ensure timely submission of narrative and financial donor reports
• In partnership with program technical staff and the Business Development Coordinator, manage and contribute to the development of proposals ensuring donor and IRC compliance, including reviewing and contributing to concept notes, proposals and creating budgets
• Manage OTIS (Opportunity Tracking Information System) workflow for proposals, ongoing grants, agreements and amendments
• Assist in donor relations; participate in calls with select donors, represent Technical Excellence at donor meetings as required; and communicate relevant priorities to donors and internal business development and foundation relations units.
Key Working Relationships:
• Position Reports to: Grants and Finance Coordinator
• Position directly supervises: May supervise Grants Assistants and/or Interns and Volunteers
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
• Internal: Regular contact with Technical Unit teams.
• Liaise with country program staff. Interact regularly with internal IRC departments, especially
• budget, finance, human resources and procurement.
• External: Interact with donors, vendors, contractors, and consultants.
Job Requirements: Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field is required or demonstrable experience.
• 2+ years of experience managing government and/or private grants
• Demonstrated experience developing proposals for public and private donors
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Excellent budget management skills including experience tracking expenses and developing spending plans
• Excellent organizational skills: the ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and work independently and productively in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to effectively liaise with and motivate a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment
• Excellent digital literacy: MS Word, Excel, and Desktop Publishing. Proficiency in Excel preferred.
• English fluency
• Standard office work environment
• Travel less than 10%, conditions allowing
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.