Grants Management Accountant
Jobs at:Coptic Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
20 July 2022
Date Posted: Monday, July 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare and present operating and expense budgets for management approval.
• Identify and analyze new departmental budget items for justification by originating office.
• Ensure that budgeting procedures and guidelines are complied with.
• Provide regular budget reports to include forecasted budget, trend analyses and actuals versus budget trending.
• Assist the department head in justifying variances between actual and budget.
• Develop budget models to assist departments in their financial planning.
• Coordinate in processing actuals versus budget performance reports.
Additionally, the Accountant will support the financial controller with individual grant / project budget management specific responsibilities include:
• Implementing centralized financial management and budget control procedures
• Ensuring department heads are spending funds from grant budget appropriately
• Providing budgetary control to include initiating and directing the preparation of budget revisions, preparing annual budget close documents and maintaining documentations for budget controls.
• In the event of an audit, the accountant will work with the financial controller, Program director and the respective departmental heads representatives to provide all required documentation and resolve potential issues.
• Analyze, modify and recommend improvements in subsidiary and general fiscal record keeping systems; apply knowledge of accounts and program relationships, data flow audit trails and internal control to design and implement financial data systems.
• Maintain and/or modify manual or automated fiscal reporting /tracking processes to address specific unit needs.
• Prepare the necessary budgetary activity reports, budget spreadsheets and assist in compiling quarterly and annual financial progress reports.
• Prepare the necessary, departmental, and overall budgets, budget justifications, and combine all clinical and subcontractor budgetary records into a single report for continuation and Interim reports
• Ensure compliance with Coptic Hope Center SOPs and policy manuals, donor regulations and reporting requirements, GOK laws, regulations, and practices.
• Conducting continuous assessment reviews of processes at the head office as well as in the other sites/branches, to identify areas of improvement, develop capacity and track progress against capacity improvement indicators.
• Perform any other duty as assigned by the financial Controller and Program Director.
Education and Qualifications
• Bachelor Degree in business commerce with a major Finance/accounts with additional professional qualification (CPAK)
• A Master’s Degree from a reputable University will be an added advantage
• A related budgeting or accounting experience in a similar organization
• Excellent computer skills in Excel spreadsheets, Access database, Word processing and MS Office.
• At least 3 years of finance and accounting experience in a similar post in the NGO sector with adequate exposure to project accounting, financial management including budgeting, grants and contracts (PEPFAR/CDC-Kenya grants)
• Understanding of finance records reconciliations.
• Must have demonstrable hands-on experience with an accounting system. Experience (Navision)
• Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing professional environment with a view towards establishing administrative procedures and protocol that will ensure optimal functioning of the operation
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Strong communication skills (both written and oral),
• Good analytical and quantitative reasoning,
• Strong organizational and time management skills -ability to adhere to deadlines, multi-task and be able to prioritize,
• A team player with strong interpersonal skills, and
• Ability to learn quickly and manage workload, work effectively under pressure in a demanding environment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Method of Application
• If you meet the minimum requirements, submit your application & CV through email to email@example.com or drop your application letter in HR office indicating the position you are applying on or before 20th July 2022.
• Coptic Hospital is an equal opportunity employer, promotes gender equality, and DOES NOT CHARGE for any kind of recruitment.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.