Jobs at:Village Capital
Deadline of this Job:
27 January 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 13, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to Sr. Manager, Finance, the Grants Manager will be a key member of the Finance team and will have the following responsibilities:
• Grant Financial Recordkeeping and Management: You will be working with all relevant stakeholders to ensure grant financial documentation and management support and comply with Village Capital's policies and procedures and Grantor agreements, as well as providing wider finance-related support as needed. These will include, but will not be limited to:
• Serving as the primary point of contact for Village Capital team members as they navigate the grants administration processes
• Harvesting relevant data from newly-signed agreements and contracts, maintaining and updating these records, and preparing all relevant summary documentation and information for Program Leads’ use in ensuring proactive financial stewardship of grant funds
• Owning all finance source-of-record databases and schedules, including but not limited to budgets, grant restrictions, license and service schedules, revenue recognition, and accounts receivable, to ensure up-to-date information that offers decision support, the ability to automate processes, and derive insights
• Leading semi-annual internal grant audits by coordinating between relevant stakeholders, preparing and sharing materials, and defining agendas. Ensure compliance by participating in the internal grant audits and check-ins with all Program Leads to confirm source-of-record database and schedule information, and coordinate with Program Leads in planning for milestones- and activity-based revenue recognition and expense administration management.
• Maintaining and monitoring grant projected budget variances and net assets to ensure that actual and planned expenses are within budget and grant funds are responsibly stewarded.
• Collaborating with Program Leads on projections–if mitigating adjustments are needed–to ensure favorable or no variance
• Providing support to improve the process and workflow through which grant awards are executed and managed and ensuring that policies and procedures are documented and updated
• Grant Financial Reporting: You will be responsible for gathering and analyzing grant financial data to generate accurate reports on a monthly, quarterly, and/or annual basis as required by Grantors and Program Leads. Responsibilities associated with this will include, but will not be limited to:
• Ensuring timely and accurate external delivery of reports that are needed for grant proposals and grant progress and financial reports by managing a reporting calendar and communicating regularly with Program Leads
• Coordinating with relevant stakeholders on upcoming Grantor progress and financial reporting requirements
• Preparing financial reporting aligned with Grantor reporting requirements, utilizing actual accounting and forecasted financial data in conjunction with Program Leads to provide the necessary information to Grantors.
• Updating budget variance analyses on a monthly basis in VilCap and Grantor formats
• Managing all documentation of reporting provided to Grantors
• Accounts Payable Internal Review: As needed, you will assist the Head of Finance and third-party controller and bookkeeping vendors in reviewing accounts payable submissions to ensure that expenses are aligned with grant and organizational budgets, accounting and bookkeeping policy and procedures, and VilCap documentation standards and best practices. This will include, but will not be limited to:
• Administering the accounts payable platform and its integration with the accounting software and company credit cards, including quality control assurance of data and document transfer; management of new/terminated platform users; and management of the platform chart of accounts, employee company credit card, vendor, and dimensional data input
• Maintaining an up-to-date organization-wide training deck for the accounts payable platform.
• First reviewer of all transactions and documentation submitted via the Accounts Payable platform to ensure accuracy against chart of accounts and other accounting codes, program budgets, and vendor agreements
• Assistance with ensuring accurate and complete vendor documentation in all of the finance team systems, including but not limited to consulting agreements, vendor invoices, payment details, and Forms W-9/8BEN(E)
• Ensuring timely submission of expenses by reviewing unsubmitted credit card transactions and unapproved transactions in the systems; facilitating monthly team reminders; and following up with individuals, not in compliance with accounting policies and procedures
• Support VilCap Financial Reporting: You will be supporting the overall financial health and stewardship of VilCap. This support will include but is not limited to working closely with the Head of Finance and Sr. Manager, Finance, to ensure timely and accurate internal analysis of budgets, cash management data, multi-year projections, financial reports, and financial trends.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Economics, or other relevant fields, or a combination of related experience and skill-sets
• Minimum 3 years of grant management or similar non-profit finance experience
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Google Sheets, and Google Slides
• Experience coordinating internal audit processes
• Familiarity with state, federal, and international laws and regulations concerning tax-exempt organizations
• Experience with Sage Intacct and/or Nexonia Accounts Payables is a plus
• Experience in global markets, including India, MENA, Mexico, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Europe, is a plus
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.