Jobs at:Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V
Deadline of this Job:
24 March 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, March 09, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. (www.thejohanniter.org) is a German Non-Governmental Organization implementing interventions in Emergency Response and Preparedness, Health and Livelihoods in Latin America, Southeast Asia, Africa and Europe, with its headquarters in Berlin, Germany. In Kenya, the organisation has been active since 2005 supporting local partners in various fields such.
as health care, disaster risk reduction, nutrition, food security and livelihoods. In May 2011, Johanniter opened an office in Nairobi in order to enhance its Kenya programme and strengthen the cooperation with its local partners.
Currently, together with our Kenyan partner organizations, Johanniter is implementing several projects throughout the country, including disaster relief and disaster preparedness activities and a livelihoods project in Turkana. Additionally, Kenya is part of a regional project together with South Sudan and Uganda. The project, funded by the German Foreign Office, focuses on South Sudanese refugees and is implemented together with local partner organizations in the sectors of Health, WASH and livelihoods.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Grants Officer will work closely with the Programmes Team and the Regional Funding Coordinator to support the Country Office team(s) and implementing partners in new business development and grant management processes to ensure the country has a diversified funding portfolio.
Coordination, partnership building and visibility:
• Supports in the mapping of relevant donor opportunities and identification of new donors.
• Participates in donor and partner meetings for potential collaboration.
• Works with the Country Office team(s) to develop country programme briefs and other visibility and marketing materials for sharing with new potential donors and partners.
• Organizes and maintains information on funding opportunities, proposal pipelines, and proposal development.
• Keeps documents up to date on the country office portfolio, start and end of grants, etc.
• Contributes to the development of the fundraising strategy for the country.
• Works with the team and implementing partners to support in the development of concept notes and proposals, program briefs and other visibility/marketing materials for new potential donors and partners.
• Works with the programme team to receive progress updates on individual grants and projects.
• Coordinates with and supports country office finance and programme staff on proposals, providing guidance and feedback on workplans, deadlines, and proposal parameters.
• Provides templates and guidance to program teams.
• Leads on the coordination of reviews between technical units.
New Business Development:
• Supports the Regional Funding Coordinator and the Programme teams in Grant Opening, Grant Closing, and Check-in meetings, bringing together all relevant staff to go over financial, procurement, and reporting needs.
• Familiarizes oneself with the varying sub-grant partnerships across programs and monitors the relationship for the duration of the grant, relaying issues to relevant staff when necessary.
• Ensures appropriate internal formats and donor formats for budget development are used.
• Develops and maintains a database with information about new business development meetings with potential donors and partners and any other meeting related to funding.
• Contributes to reviewing and editing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on projects.
• Supports the programme team and funding team on capacity-building of partners and keeps regular communication with the partner.
• Maintains up to date knowledge about the humanitarian situation in the country(s) identifying gaps and needs and alerting the Head of Mission and Regional Funding Coordinator.
• Updating the country team(s) on the country’s funding landscape and new developments as they emerge.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
• University Degree in Project Management, Grants Management or other relevant field.
• Minimum of 3 years' work experience with an international NGO.
• Demonstrated experience in grant acquisition.
• Certificate course(s) in proposal development, grants management is preferred.
• Experience with a broad range of international and local donors
• Strong written and spoken professional English required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a must.
• Writing, editing, and proofreading experience is required.
• Willingness to work independently and in a team environment.
Benefits and remuneration:
The job will be offered for a period of 12 months. The funding team is growing within the region, and you will become part of a team that will be working and implementing a new Funding strategy. The successful applicant will have an opportunity to contribute to the expansion of JIA’s funding portfolio in the country and in collaboration with the Funding team; proper capacity development areas will be identified and tracked during the period of engagement.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Johanniter is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. Suitable candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
*We require background checks (incl. criminal record and reference checks) to protect the vulnerable and prevent abuse. *
• Applications for this position (including a cover letter, CV, reference contacts of three former supervisors as well as job certificates if available) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org until 24th March 2023.
• Please indicate Grants Officer Kenya in the subject line of your e-mail and in the application mention your earliest date of availability.
• Only complete applications will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.