Jobs at:LVCT Health
Deadline of this Job:
23 September 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Participate in the evaluation of potential sub-recipients’ proposals and conduct the pre-award and risk assessments for all potential partners. Ensure adequate documentation of this process.
• Work closely with the relevant Partner Activity Managers and Technical Officers in developing sub-recipient’s annual operation plans and budget.
• Prepare outgoing sub awards and amendments, as needed, for review in accordance with the Signature Authority Policy
• After projects are completed, closeout grants in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
Monitoring and Support of Sub-recipients
• Ensure compliance with financial and administrative requirements, regulations, and policies of LVCT Health and our donors.
• Provide ongoing support to sub-recipients to improve their administrative performance, build their operational capacity, and reduce the risk to the project and LVCT Health. In collaboration with the Grants Manager, track progress against capacity improvement indicators.
• Provide assistance to the sub-recipients in understanding the terms and conditions of the award and facilitate or provide any necessary training/mentoring.
• Conduct site visits and prepare reports for approval of the Grants Manager. Report all compliance findings to the Grants Manager and assist in the development of possible solutions. Appropriately document follow-up and ensure timely corrective action.
• Work closely with the Grants Manager and Activity Manager to develop annual monitoring and support plans for assigned sub-recipients, in accordance with LVCT Health policy, and ensure the monitoring and support tracker is kept up to date.
• Document evidence of monitoring and support and any compliance findings in both the award file and CGIS.
Budgeting and Financial Reviews
• Review monthly financial reports and cash requests and monitor actual expenditures against budgets/ceilings, documenting material variances and working closely with the partners to minimize deviations from planned spending.
• Ensure that all the expenditures reported by sub-awardees meet the allowability criteria prior to being charged to the award; document, disseminate and follow up on disallowed expenses.
• Monitor deadlines and ensure final deliverables from grantees conform to LVCT Health requirements. Work with the Sub-awardees to build their capacity to prepare and submit accurate financial reports by 5th of every month.
• Provide ongoing assistance in reviewing sub awardees financial and accounting policies and procedures and also their internal control system.
• Provide relevant financial information for decision making to the sub-awardees and technical teams in order to facilitate proper program implementation.
• Ensure the cash disbursement tracking schedule is updated and circulated in a timely manner, liaising with LVCT Health HQ to minimize delays to partner funds disbursement
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Management or other relevant related field required. CPA (K)
• Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in USAID, CDC, or other U.S. Government-funded grants administration. Experience in an international non-profit organization preferred.
• Knowledge of Federal compliance rules, regulations and standards associated with USG funds and non-profit accounting a plus.
• Proficient computer/software skills, including a command of MS Word and Excel. Experience with QuickBooks/Navision a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a global team environment.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV along with a cover letter expressing interest and indicating Salary history and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 23, 2022. The position applied for and reference number should be clearly indicated on the subject line and cover letter.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.