Jobs at:Maasai Mara Wildlife Conservancies Association (MMWCA)
Deadline of this Job:
06 January 2023
Date Posted: Friday, December 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Senior Finance & Grants Officer, The Grants Officer will:
• Assure quality management of Grants and Sub-grants from inception to closure; Ensures that in managing MMWCA grants all activities are delivered to a high standard, on time and on budget;
• Position MMWCA in relation to any future grant management opportunities;
• Demonstrate experience in the areas of Finance and Program management;
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of MMWCA’s Grants and Program Management Policies, Indirect Cost Guidelines, grant agreements, funding mechanisms, and requirements;
• Build capacity of MMWCA staff to adhere to donor regulations;
Grant and Sub-Grants management - 55%
• Manage the whole grants and sub-grants life cycle, from grant design, selection, start up, implementation through to grant closure, ensuring compliance with internal procedures and donor regulations.
• Serve as part of point of contact on grant management and compliance issues.
• Support timely agreement development/review/approval, both at the level of MMWCA and partners, ensuring adherence to both internal MMWCA and donor requirements.
• Support development of Grant Budgets and cash Forecasts.
• Support Grants budget monitoring by regularly producing Budget vs Actual reports for respective Grants.
• Support timely response to donor requests related to grants agreements, budgets and spending
Reporting and Communications - 10%
• Coordinate the preparation of high quality Financial reports to donors in a timely fashion.
• Support reporting and communications with external partners
• Support building of relationships with strategic MMWCA partners.
Finance and Compliance - 30%
• Maintain overall budget authority for the grants programs - allocate budget to staff members and coordinate spend between expense categories.
• Work with finance team to ensure accurate Grant reports are produced in a timely manner.
• Maintain an overview of grants, managing and monitoring them. Ensure that all compliance requirements are met.
• Assist in the preparation for and management of the annual audit. Implement audit recommendations
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
• Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience preferably in a Not For-Profit.
• The holder should be at least CPA part 11 or equivalent
• Proven experience in grant management (3year), preferably with major international donors (Including USAID)
Skills and Competencies
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Preferably SAGE 200 Evolution.
• Strong communication skills. Good analytical skills.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Financial planning, budgeting and budgetary control.
• Knowledge of best practice grant management approaches.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please express interest and request more information, or apply directly with:
A cover letter.
Detailed CV highlighting relevant experience.
A daytime telephone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to reach us by close of business on January 6, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.