Jobs at:University of Nairobi
Deadline of this Job:
01 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Grants Officer (GO)
Reporting to the Grants and Compliance Manager (GCM), the Grants Officer will be responsible for the administrative management and compliance oversight for sub award agreements. The Grants Officer will support the project and will be responsible for the preparation of outgoing agreements, disbursements to sub awardees, reconciliations, maintaining grants file and tracker. In addition, this role will work with project teams to ensure compliance and oversight from implementation through closeout. The Grants Officer, in collaboration with the Grants and Compliance Manager will advise staff on contractual and grant issues, management of risks and reporting requirements and donor compliance.
• At a minimum, the Grants Officer will have:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
• CPA Part 3 Section 5 certificate.
• Five (5) years’ experience in donor compliance/grants management.
• Experience working using MS Word, Excel and any other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in USAID rules and regulations.
• Experience working with counties sub awardees will be an added advantage.
Terms of appointment
• This a position whose tenure is one (1) year contract renewable based on performance and by mutual consent. The salary is negotiable depending on the level of education and work experience.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Applicants should email the following: cover letter; a strictly 500 word motivation statement related to the proposed research theme; certified copies of BA/BSc, MA/MSc, and PhD degree certificates; a two page CV giving details of their qualifications and experience; three (3) referees (two academic and one non-academic); telephone and e-mail contacts.
• Applications and related documents should be forwarded through applicants’ Heads of Departments, where applicable, and be addressed to
University of Nairobi.
• Applicants should state their current designations, salaries and other benefits attached to those designations.
• The application letter must bear the reference code indicated in the advertisement.
• Late applications will not be considered.
• Applications should be emailed to email@example.com as one file in PDF."
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.