Grants and Carbon Credit Specialist
Jobs at:Lean Energy Solutions
Deadline of this Job:
24 February 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Develop and implement the company fundraising strategy.
• Develop and implement carbon credit projects
• Collaborate with management and team to develop high-quality funding proposals and deliver on grant accountabilities.
• Manage key institutional awards and grants including delivering all financial and technical reporting and close-out processes.
• Develop high-quality funding applications including proposals, budgets, log frames, and theory of change in accordance with funder guidelines.
• Provide guidance and ensure understanding of any implications, risks, and opportunities of institutional funding applications/awards.
• Remain abreast of institutional donor trends in line with global development goals and share knowledge as appropriate across the organization.
• Represent Lean energy at networks and forums relevant to its funding strategy.
• Develop and guide grants implementation ensuring M&E systems and procedures for awarded grants are in place.
• Lead on donor grant agreement/contract negotiations and compliance ensuring reporting requirements for all institutional donors are met and reports to partners meet set deadlines.
• Regularly update all key internal stakeholders on the terms and conditions of donor grant agreements/contracts, including key deadlines.
• Manage due diligence processes, facilitate donor audits and coordinate with the Head of Accounts on external evaluations.
• Collate and manage data for publication to the companies learning system.
• Implement the donor management system ensuring all donor contacts, engagements, and deliberations are recorded and tracked towards meeting programme needs.
• Other duties will be assigned by the management.
Carbon Credit Projects
• Conducting oversight of process(es) to select projects for carbon credit development;
• Acting as the key project development expert on carbon market mechanisms including but not limited to the EU ETS, EU FQD, voluntary carbon markets (VCMs), CDM, CBAM, Paris Agreement Article 6, carbon credit issuance project development cycle, and monitoring, verification, and reporting (MVR) mechanisms.
• Ensuring quality assurance of deliverables for project validation and verification according to established rules, procedures and schemes (such as the Gold Standard, Verra, and ACR for the
• voluntary carbon markets);
• Staying abreast of existing and new rules and procedures of relevant carbon credits trading schemes as well as trace new schemes and market outlets for monetization of emission reductions;
• Developing [product] strategies for broadening the scope and scale of project development and marketing of emission reductions for monetization;
• Managing key stakeholder relationships.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
• A bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Environmental science, Finance, Communications or any other related fields.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in institutional fundraising, grants acquisition, and carbon credit project development with demonstrable experience in raising 5 to 6-figure incomes from multi-lateral, bilateral, trusts, foundations, and the private sector.
• Deep knowledge on carbon credit programs, mechanisms, markets and trading schemes (CDM, EU ETS, EU FQD, VCMs), especially in emerging economies;
• Experience and knowledge of carbon credit standards (Gold Standard, Verra, ACR etc.);
• Well-informed on the latest trends in the grants sector with specially honed skills in proposal development and grants monitoring systems.
• Strong interpersonal and networking skills to work across a complex organisation structure
• A results-orientated leader with the ability to handle tight deadlines, and an intensive
• Workload and manage multiple conflicting organizational, donor, and other stakeholder demands.
• Working knowledge of programs/projects cycle management.
• Demonstrate leadership and team-building ability.
• Working knowledge of proposal writing and negotiation skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 24th February 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.