Grants and Compliance Manager
Jobs at:LVCT Health
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, June 07 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 31 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Reporting to the Chief of Party, the role focuses on coordinating Grants management and reporting processes, working in collaboration with other teams to produce high-quality and timely donor reporting and conducting staff capacity building on grants and reporting. The Grants and Compliance Manager will be responsible for providing program and support teams with general Grants management support and advise on donor compliance and regulations to ensure grants are implemented on-track, on-time and on-budget. This position is ideal for a self-motivated and enthusiastic team player with strong grants experience who can produce quality deliverables within a limited time period.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Monitor and coordinate all phases of grants and restricted contributions from award through close-out, including grants administration, compliance, reporting and compliance with approved budgets, contract terms and legal or regulatory requirements.
• Ensure grants and contract budgets align with institutional budgets and forecasts.
• Work with finance team and program staff to ensure that key processes and systems are in place to manage grant risk assessments, donor financial compliance and reporting management processes.
• Revise all proposed Grants budgets prior to submission to ensure consistency with proposal requirements; accuracy in the calculation of salaries, direct and indirect expenses; compliance with established regulations; and makes recommendations to program staff for revisions when appropriate.
• Coordinate with management to ensure compliance with due dates for submission of budget, technical and programmatic reports to federal agencies and private funders.
• Read all proposed sub-contract and sub-grant agreements and applications to ensure compliance with terms of contract and Grant agreements between LVCT Health and its funders. Actively monitors sub-recipients and serves as liaison between program teams and finance team.
• Train all staff on the USG Grant and Compliance requirements and monitor adherence.
Budget Management and Reporting
• Engage with relevant staff to monitor personnel salary and benefit data for the purpose of identifying discrepancies, resolving problems and/or issues and ensuring that expenditures are in line with budget limits.
• Work with managers and other members of the Finance team to streamline internal financial reports and reporting processes to deliver more efficient, more effective and more useful reports and analysis.
• Collaborate with program staff in development of comprehensive annual program budgets incorporating funding from restricted and unrestricted sources.
• Ensure compliance with current program budgets and spending policies and proposes improved policies and systems regarding spending guidelines, cost savings, cost allocation and annual planning.
• Engage with program staff across the organization to monitor and revise program budgets throughout the year and life of project(s).
• Work with members of finance team during annual audit to ensure that relevant information is transmitted to the auditors in a timely manner
• Master’s Degree in Business, Procurement, Accounting, Finance, Management, Auditing, Economics or related field.
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience in NGO sector in Senior Grants/Compliance Management positions, preferably in USG funded projects.
• In-depth understanding and experience of working with proposals and contracts from institutional donors.
• Experience in complex planning and budget processes including the ability to provide clear guidance on donor policies & procedures.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet time sensitive deadlines. Show a systematic effort to obtain needed data or feedback; and link long-range visions and concepts to daily work, ranging from simple understanding to an awareness of the impact at large on strategies and on choices.
• Up to date knowledge and understanding as well as experience in forecasting, negotiating, implementing the US Government funding.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV along with a cover letter expressing interest and indicating Salary history and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The position applied for and reference number should be clearly indicated on the subject line and cover letter.
• The closing date is June 7, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. .
• LVCT Health is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website www.lvcthealth.org for more information about the organization.
• LVCT Health DOES NOT CHARGE any fee whatsoever in any part of the recruitment process
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.