Grants and Finance Manager
Jobs at:CFK Africa
Deadline of this Job:
08 February 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Grants Management and Reporting:
• Manage all internal and external grant reporting, including coordinating inputs from site, program, and M&E teams, to ensure high-quality financial and narrative reports that meet donor and CFK Africa requirements are produced in a timely manner, with support from the Head of Finance and Programs.
• Support the development of the grant tracking system and regularly update it as grants are awarded/modified/closed. This includes detailed and summary grant information on open and closed grants, reporting schedules and submission dates, upcoming meetings, publications, and proposals in the pipeline.
• Oversee cash management of all grants and contracts, including preparation of requests for funds from donor and grant agencies.
• Participate in project start-up workshops to appraise Finance and Project teams on grant terms including procurement planning, donor reporting requirements, financial rules and regulations and other donor requirements.
• Enforce compliance with all donor rules, regulations, and award conditions to ensure funds are used for the intended purpose.
• Work with Program teams on award close-outs and special requirements such as Asset disposition, final reports, unutilized funds management etc
• Conduct due diligence on Subgrantees, manage subawards including preparation of subrecipient agreements, reviewing and processing subrecipient invoices and cash requests, review of financial reports and budget variances and manage subrecipient contract close-outs.
• Support in donor specific audits and other program implementation reviews
Budgeting and Budget Monitoring:
• Support in proposal budget and budget narratives development, ensuring inputs are clear and proper proposal templates and grant management procedures are followed.
• Support program staff with monitoring and analysis of donor budgets, budget realignments and contract extensions.
• Support with review of payments, journal entries, cost allocations and other postings into the accounting system and ensure proper coding, data quality and integrity of all accounting/financial transactions.
• Manage timesheets, salary allocations and shared costs allocation.
• Manage Fixed Assets Register and Inventory
• Participate in month-end closes and year end processes
• Actively review business processes and systems of internal controls to mitigate organizational risk and make recommendations for improvement.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Finance.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field. Masters’ degree will be an added advantage.
• Member of ICPAK preferred.
• Minimum 10 years’ Experience in International NGOs, 4 of which must be in Grants Management positions.
• Experience working with multi-donors such as CDC, USAID, Other country governments, bi-and multilateral donors, Corporates and Foundations.
• Experience with streamlining, refining, and automating financial processes, including the development of user-friendly tools.
• Working knowledge of ERPs and other accounting systems such as QuickBooks
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Auditing experience will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.