Jobs at:Janta Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
14 April 2023
Date Posted: Friday, March 31, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Group Accountant to join our finance team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the financial reporting and accounting for the entire group of companies, including subsidiaries and joint ventures. As a Group Accountant, you will work closely with other members of the finance team and senior management to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, as well as compliance with all accounting standards and regulations.
• Prepare and analyze financial statements and reports for the entire group of companies, including consolidating financial statements for subsidiaries and joint ventures.
• Manage the month-end close process, including the preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
• Ensure compliance with all accounting standards and regulations, including GAAP and IFRS.
• Provide guidance and support to subsidiary and joint venture accounting teams as needed.
• Collaborate with senior management to develop and implement accounting policies and procedures.
• Assist with the annual budgeting and forecasting process for the entire group of companies.
• Coordinate with external auditors for the annual audit of consolidated financial statements.
• Monitor and analyze financial performance of subsidiaries and joint ventures, and provide recommendations for improvement.
• Manage and lead a team of accounting professionals.
Skill & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
• CPA or equivalent professional certification.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in accounting, including experience with consolidating financial statements.
• Strong knowledge of GAAP and IFRS accounting standards and regulations.
• Experience with ERP systems and accounting software such as SAP, Oracle, or Microsoft Dynamics.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret complex financial data.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with other departments and stakeholders.
• Previous experience leading and managing a team of accounting professionals
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.