Group Chief Finance Officer
Jobs at:CIC Group
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CIC Insurance Group Limited, commonly referred to as CIC Group, is an insurance and investment group that operates mainly in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Malawi
CIC Group seeks to recruit a financial astute leader to join this winning team as the Group Chief Finance Officer (GCFO), reporting to the Group Chief Executive Officer. The successful candidate will be in charge of Group financial operations, driving Group strategy, investment goals, budgets, economic forecasting, negotiations, stewardship of Company assets as well as maintaining investor relations and business partnership. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Formulate and implement the Group strategy, linking business objectives with financial goals;
• Provide strategic direction on matters relating to business performance, new investments and business opportunities and changes to enhance profitability and shareholder value;
• Proactively, establish and maintain highly collaborative stakeholder and investor relations;
• Prepare regular and periodic financial reports to the board that provide a strategic direction and qualitative assessment on the achievement of the planned financial goals;
• Lead, manage and supervise the preparation of the annual budgeting process;
• Achieve the profit levels as set by the annual budget and attain a return on investment above industry average;
• Responsible for evaluation, analysis and interpretation of corporate performance data;
• Monitor and review operational processes to maximize efficiency;
• Maintain acceptable expense and loss ratios;
• Ensure appropriate financial management structures and policies are continuously developed, reviewed and implemented;
• Ensure that financial resources are appropriate, sufficient and effectively deployed to achieve Group initiatives;
• Identify and manage principal financial and investment risks likely to affect the organisation, and establish robust internal control mechanisms to mitigate them;
• Champion and implement innovative financial strategies, policies and procedures for sustainable business growth and improvements;
• Analyze data, identify trends and patterns, and forecast the required financial data for appropriate investment decisions;
• Provide oversight on Group sourcing and facilities/property function;
• Supervise train and develop staff to achieve a highly productive and motivated team; and
• Practice and promote a culture of high quality standards, integrity and ethics across the Company.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Be a holder of a business related Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or any other related field gained from a recognized institution. A Post Graduate Qualification in a business related field will be an added advantage;
• Possess relevant professional qualification(s) such as CPA or ACCA, or CFA, CIMA, CIPFA;
• Be a member in good standing of a recognized relevant professional body e.g. ICPAK, ACCA;
• A certificate in Corporate Governance will be an added advantage;
• Have knowledge and relevant work experience of not less than ten (10) years, with at least five (5) years served in senior leadership position;
• Be a catalyst for driving business transformation;
• Have demonstrable strategy formulation and execution skills;
• Must have a thorough understanding and knowledge of financial management, corporate financial law and regulatory compliance, board reporting, as well as demonstrable commercial and investment acumen;
• Demonstrate leadership, commercial and financial analysis and reporting skills; and
• Possess strong organizational and stakeholder management skills and ability to grasp business risks and make sound decisions.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Candidates will be required to satisfy the following additional requirements:
• Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
• Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
• Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau; and
• Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, kindly send your resume to the address below indicating on the subject of your email the job title.
For example: Ref: Application for Executive Assistant to the MD – General Business to:
THE GENERAL MANAGER – HUMAN RESOURCES & ADMINISTRATION CIC GROUP LTD
Strictly through Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application should reach us by close of business on 20th January, 2021. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 15th February, 2021 consider your application unsuccessful.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.