Group Chief Financial Officer
Jobs at:African Entrepreneur Collective (AEC)
Deadline of this Job:
17 August 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Group Chief Financial Officer
Finance and Investment Strategy
• Serve as a partner to CEO/COO founders and Board, leading highly experienced executives on the finance and leadership teams to formulate short and long-term financial strategies in accordance with organizational-level strategies and goals.
• Develop financial model(s) including multi-year forecasts to ensure the company meets its strategic goals while maintaining long-term financial health.
• Lead financial benchmarking exercises to ensure the company continues to adopt best practices for efficiency and effectiveness
• Participating in company policy development as a member of the Leadership Team, and leading company policy related to all financial matters.
• Work closely with the Senior Leadership to provide strategic financial analysis across all functions of the organization and provide advice to support modeling and program-related decisions as the organization continues to rapidly scale.
• Drive alignment with the finance and audit committees of the Board of Directors with long-term financial plans and projections, investment policies, and a governance structure that ensures fiscal compliance in alignment with AEC by-laws.
• Responsible for the company's financial condition; decide how to invest the company's assets in consultation with the Board, taking into consideration return, risk and liquidity. Oversee and determine the capital structure of the company.
• Engage with strategic partners and represent the company in financial and business conversations.
Finance Operations & Reporting
• Have overall financial management responsibility including the review and approval of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting materials and metrics for the CEO/COO and Board of Directors.
• Develop processes and relationships across the organization to ensure budget buy-in and compliance by all functions.
• Partner with the Senior Leadership to evolve the finance function as the organization grows and scales; understand the infrastructure and system requirements at both the country and regional levels.
• Enforcing sound business and financial systems policies, procedures and internal controls; ensuring the accuracy of accounting and financial procedures while remaining compliant with global nonprofit best practices and all local requirements in the multiple countries of AEC’s operations.
• Plan, implement, and manage all internal and external financial reporting and compliance activities of AEC, including financial audits, tax & legal compliance, business planning, budgeting, forecasting and investor and donor reporting.
• Construct and monitor reliable control systems and ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of different stakeholders; ensure compliance with all regulatory tax laws and company policies in each of AEC’s countries of operation.
• Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of financial and management reporting for, management, donors and AEC’s board of directors; oversee the preparation and communication of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
Risk Management & Compliance
• Develop a deep and detailed understanding of business, strategy and culture. Be a trusted business partner and guide the organization to take the appropriate amount of risk and build a healthy risk culture.
• Identify, manage and mitigate business risks and those related to enterprise risk management, reporting on them and maintaining adequate internal controls to mitigate risks at AEC
• Responsible for ensuring the risk and compliance management framework is embedded and operational.
• Ensure compliance with accounting regulations and financial reporting mandates and be involved in various non-financial strategic decisions.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures to minimize operational risks and maximize return on investment
Leadership and Team Development
• Promote and foster a culture of professional growth of a highly-qualified team of finance professionals through effective feedback, succession planning, coaching, and professional development in alignment with AEC’s values and belief in inclusion; contribute to further building the finance team and designing its structure to support scale.
• Conceptualizes and analyzes problems and solutions in a constructive, collaborative manner. This leader’s ability to leverage the expertise of the staff and hone the organizational systems and processes will be key to success.
• Provide strategic leadership to the finance department. Set goals, develop strategies, and ensure the strategies are executed effectively.
• Establish a rhythm of frequent and highly proactively communication with the senior leadership to facilitate seamless operations and effective thought leadership; articulate concepts to both finance and non-finance audiences.
• Create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement and control plan for overall business operations, while supporting the finance team to meet business needs.
• Foster a culture of transparency and accountability in the finance department and across the organization.
A successful candidate will be a CFO with a proven track record of leading and managing global finance teams within dynamic, medium-sized, growth-stage organizations with multiple revenue streams. The CFO position is a new one for AEC, and will come with a vision for financial growth for the company and its financial operations. The CFO will be strategic, and also willing to roll up her/his sleeves.
A successful candidate will clearly demonstrate:
• 15+ years of progressively responsible financial management experience in a fast-growing organization with at least 5 years in an executive leadership position.
• Previous experience leading and managing finance strategy and operations across multiple countries, reporting to the CEO or Board of Directors.
• Significant experience in project planning, budgeting fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting; fluency with complex bi-lateral funding agency reporting requirements preferred.
• Previous experience managing banking finance is preferred.
• Adept at presenting financial information to leadership, the CFO possesses strong quantitative and analytical skills.
• High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position financial discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills – approachable, honest, transparent, and able to build relationships with consensus and inclusion. Must have a listening ear and be able to empower
• Strong business acumen with an adaptive thinking and a growth mindset. Must be detail, action, and results oriented
• Sincere commitment and skills to work inclusively with diverse groups
• Strong preference for CPA. Any other professional qualification is a plus as well
• MBA or other advanced degree required
• Ability to travel locally, regionally, and internationally with limited advanced notice
• Experience in East Africa will be an added advantage
• Must have a passion for AEC’s mission to impact communities
What You'll Get
GREAT CULTURE & TEAM
Fun, collaborative work environment
Opportunity to work with a talented, passionate, and committed team of professionals
Challenging work and the opportunity to grow and develop your skills
Ability to make a significant social impact and contribute to economic growth
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 180
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to African Entrepreneur Collective (AEC) on aec-jobs-portal.web.app to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.