Group Financial Controller
Jobs at:Nakuru County Government
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, April 26 2023
Date Posted:Wednesday, April 26 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Madison Group Limited is a locally owned financial services holding company that specializes in Insurance and wealth management services. The Group comprises of Madison Life Assurance Kenya Limited, Madison General Insurance Kenya Limited, and Madison Investment Managers Limited. Madison Life Assurance Kenya was originally incorporated under Kenyan Laws in 1988 as Madison Insurance Company Limited (MICK) after a successful merger between Crusader Plc (1974) and Kenya Commercial Insurance Corporation.
Read more about this company
The Group Financial Controller will be responsible for the overall administration of the Accounting and Financial Operations of the Group. This will include development of a financial and operational strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
• Responsible for the development of, and ensuring compliance to all finance policies, standards and processes and continuous assessment of internal controls. Implementation of the IFRS 17 will be a key performance indicator for this role.
• Ensuring timely preparation of periodic management and regulatory reports and maintaining the integrity of all financial transactions and records as well as analysing financial performance indicators for Management and the Board.
• Ensuring the finance departments of the subsidiaries are well resourced, managing performance and identifying training and development needs to enhance skills for the finance team.
• Coordinating the budgeting and planning processes for the Group in close liaison with the CEOs of subsidiaries and periodic review of performance against targets.
• Management of treasury and investments to ensure optimal balance between liquidity, risk, return and regulatory compliance.
• Coordinating the annual audit and actuarial processes and preparation of annual financial and regulatory reports for the Group and its subsidiaries.
• Administration of the Madison Group Staff Provident Fund and Secretary to the Board of Trustees.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics/Actuarial.
• A Master’s degree in Business Administration or other related field.
• Professional accounting qualifications – CPA(K)ACCA, or equivalent.
• Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience in Finance and accounting with at least 5 years at senior management level preferably in the Finance Sector.
• Thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
• Excellent team leadership skills, communication, organization and presentation skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Method of Application
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their applications including comprehensive C.Vs to the Group Human Resources Manager at the following address: Madison Group Limited, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.