Group Financial Reporting Manager
Jobs at:Equity Bank Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
17 February 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The role holder will be responsible for preparation, consolidation and review of regulatory and statutory financial reports in a timely manner in accordance with the regulatory requirements and International Financial Reporting Standards for all Equity Group Holding Entities.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
• Preparation and submission of periodic financial reports in accordance with IFRS, statutory and regulatory requirements (CBK & KDIC)
• Consolidation of Group Financial statements Monthly, Quarterly and Annually
• Coordinate preparation and submission to management of daily performance reports and insights into material movement in key parameters.
• Establish and maintain effective internal controls over financial reporting process
• Regular monitoring and review of all GLs for accuracy and appropriateness of business transactions recorded across the group
• Review of group wide GL reconciliations and ensure outstanding items are investigated and cleared promptly
• Monitor compliance with local regulatory limits and draw finance management attention for action to avoid breaches within all jurisdictions that EGH operates
• Provide technical accounting support to different user groups across the Group.
• Conduct impact assessment of new Standards and regulatory requirements on financial reporting. Liaise with the external auditor, internal auditors and market regulators in matters pertaining to audit, reporting and Banes inspection.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• Any ad hoc tasks assigned by management.
• Timely submission of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual CBK and management reports
• Preparation of audited financial statements
• Handling external and internal auditors' requests
• Intercompany reconciliations
• Internal controls reports
Non-Financial Impact (e.g., Compliance, Risk Mitigation, Governance, other)
• Compliance- The role ensures accuracy and quality of regulatory and statutory reports thus enhancing compliance.
• Risk Mitigation —The role de-risks overdependence on one resource while bridging the skills gap in the team thus promoting business continuity.
• Governance — Management reports are shared with those charged with governance to make timely decisions regarding the performance of the business.
• Bachelor of Commerce (Bcom) majoring in Accounting or equivalent degree
• Relevant Professional Qualifications eg CPA (K) or ACCA
• MBA (added advantage)
• Experience in data analysis;
• In-depth knowledge of IFRSs.
• At least 8 years in Finance and Financial Reporting
• In depth knowledge in Central Bank regulations
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to Equity Bank Kenya on equitybank.taleo.net to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.