Group Head Internal Audit
Jobs at:Cellulant Corporation
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, June 19 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• We seek an experienced person to head our Internal Audit function. They will be responsible for the reliability, accuracy and integrity of management information systems, related policies, plans, procedures and records, as well as their adequacy to effectively accomplish intended objectives.
• The Head of Internal Audit will also be responsible for the performance and control of the internal audit function, ensuring that all financial standards, regulations, and statutory provisions are complied with and that the appropriate financial controls are in place to ensure efficient, effective and proper use of resources.
• Ensure proper development of a robust risk-based audit and compliance testing.
• Develop and implement the company’s annual audit plan.
• Determine the adequacy and effectiveness of established internal controls to prevent and/or detect errors and irregularities.
• Evaluate the internal control systems established to ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws, regulations, contracts, and ethical business conduct.
• Conduct ad-hoc audit reviews to investigate any areas identified by management.
• Coordinate documentation of audit findings, drafting of audit reports, communication of audit issues and perform follow-up actions to ensure that identified issues are promptly resolved.
• Determine the conformity of audits with professional standards; determine the conformity of presentation and disclosures in financial statements with applicable accounting standards.
• Advise management, on an ongoing basis, on accounting, reporting, control and compliance issues to prevent costly errors and irregularities.
• Evaluate the adequacy of Management’s fraud prevention strategies.
• Evaluate and review fraud control policies and procedures.
• Prepare relevant reports related to Internal Audit functions
• Report periodically to the Board of Directors through the Board
• Audit and Compliance Committee stating the result of its audit and related recommendations, as specified in the internal audit charter and yearly audit plan.
Qualifications & Experience:
Must have experience:
• Total of 10 years experience: minimum of 7 years working experience in an accounting/auditing role is required and at least 3 years leadership experience totaling 10 years working experience.
• Cross-border, multi-jurisdictional experience
Experience that will count in your favor:
• Fintech Industry experience
• Experience within technology firms
Nice to-have experience:
• Implementing change at large scale
• Automation and process improvement experience
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. A Master's degree would be an added advantage.
• Professional certification such as ICAN, CPA, ACCA, CIA, or CISA
• Broad audit and audit practice knowledge and expertise
• Leadership and management skills
• Business/Commercial acumen
• The ability to evaluate options and provide sound practical solutions
• Awareness of market forces, politics and economics and their relation to changing laws and regulations
• The ability to provide practical commercial legal advice to stakeholders and non-legal personnel
• Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise with those at all levels
• Ability to delegate tasks to team members and the confidence to provide senior management with audit recommendations and corrective actions
• The ability to manage risk effectively
• Negotiation skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified? Go to Cellulant Corporation on cellulant.bamboohr.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.