HSS-Health Financing Officer
Jobs at:Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital (MTRH)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 07 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, July 01 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief of Party, USAID Dumisha Afya, through Health Strengthening Systems Manager, the incumbent will among others be responsible for the following:
• Provide technical support to county health departments in sector planning and budgetingand ensure prioritization of strategic disease programmes including HIV in county resource allocation.
• Foster consultative discussions between the department of health and key county structures such as county assembly, county treasury and governorship on prioritizing health interventions during resource sharing.
• Represent the project on county level and intergovernmental policy forums and provide technical advisory on policy design and implementation pitfalls & successes.
• Support the focus counties to design and implement health financing strategic frameworks aligned to the national health policy framework and UHC goals.
• Provide technical assistance to county health department in designing and implementing public financial management laws and regulations.
• Support county health department to design and implement strategies to increase health sector revenues.
• Build strong partnerships with the government and other key stakeholder to ensure the project is in line with government priorities and the successful implementation of the project.
• Collaborate with the project M&E lead to develop metrics for monitoring and measurement of health financing interventions against benchmarks and support the learning agenda.
• University degree in Economics, Public Health, Health Systems Management, or related discipline.
• At least five years of experience in implementing health financing interventions in donor funded projects in devolved setting.
• In depth knowledge of Kenya’s public financial management processes and the PFM
• Vast knowledge of Kenya’s health system in the devolved setting and good understanding of health policy environment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• The successful candidates will be employed on 1-year renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and allowances. Candidates who meet these requirements and are interested should submit their applications, copies of certificates together with detailed Curriculum Vitae giving details of their current remuneration on or before 07th July, 2023 to the addresses below:
• The Chief of Party,
USAID Dumisha Afya Program,
• All application should be done via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only e-mail applications are accepted.
Please note only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.