Head, Balance Sheet Management
Jobs at:SBM Bank
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, June 20 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, June 17 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The job holder is responsible for managing the liquidity assets of the Bank, the liquidity of the bank, investment activities and overall Asset Liability function within Treasury.
• Ensure Business Profitability through management of funds to maintain optimal balances, management of liquidity, and interest rate risk and maximising excess investment cash.
• Formulation of Asset Liability and Investment strategic plan for the department in order to meet Liquidity, revenue, investment income, Securities Trading profits and cost management targets.
• Establish and maintain relationships with local and foreign counterparties and in the process enhance lines with counterparties - local and international.
• Identify and Manage market and settlement risks that the department faces on a day to day basis. Also, ensure that all dealers stick to counterparty trading and credit limits.
• Establish and maintain high level contacts with current and targeted customers, regulatory authorities and product partners.
• Ensure compliance with bank's set risk thresholds as well as regulatory limits set by the Central Bank of Kenya
• Assist the treasurer in formulation and implementation of department and bank strategic plans.
• Arrange and attend Meetings with the Central Bank of Kenya / Key banks & Brokers, Money Market teams.
• Streamlining operation procedures and also improving on the same when necessary.
• Ensure compliance to all Risk and KYC standards.
• To arrange for Training and Development of reporting staff for acquiring and improving their job knowledge and to prepare them for future leadership positions.
• Create a professional, proactive, and performance-driven culture across the department, through motivating staff by communication and involvement, objective setting and appraisal, training and development, and recognition and appropriate reward, to enable them deliver high quality output.
ACADEMIC & PROFFESIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in related specialization of study.
• Relevant Professional Qualification.
• Member of a relevant professional body.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Demonstrate high levels of integrity.
• Ability to communicate both inside and outside the organisation, Formal presentation.
• Dynamic, analytical and self-driven individual with the ability to work under pressure.
• A passion for performance, team player and achievement in a competitive and dynamic environment.
• Hardworking, strategically minded individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Thorough understanding of the Forex procedures, Prudential Guidelines and practice and the ability to interact with all levels of management and staff
• Must have excellent leadership, organizational, and planning skills
• Good analytical skills and problem solving skills.
• Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
• Minimum of 6 years overall experience and out of which at least two (2) years should be at managerial level.
• All Banks FIs.
• Counterparties for dealings of securities
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.