Head, Internal Audit
Jobs at:Development Bank of Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
27 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The key objective of the position is to provide an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity aimed at adding value and improving the operations of the Board. In addition, assist the Board accomplish its strategic objectives by effecting a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
Duties and Responsibilities;
• Providing secretariat to the Audit committee
• Formulate and coordinate the implementation of internal audit policies, strategies and plans;
• Compile and issue internal audit reports;
• Conduct special audits and investigations;
• Set up and implement systems in accordance with auditing standards;
• Testing the efficacy of the risk assessment systems;
• Monitoring and reporting on the Board overall risk profile;
• Supporting various departments in risk profiling;
• Reviewing correctness and accuracy of accounting reports
• Providing of independent assurance on risk management process on both design and operation;
• Assuring on risk control effectiveness, efficiency and adequacy and risk management processes.
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience for Appointment
• Have a minimum period of twelve (12) years relevant work experience five (5) of which should have been on Managerial level;
• Have Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (Finance and Accounting option) or relevant field from a recognized university;
• Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration (Accounting/Finance Option) or relevant field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
• Be a qualified accountant CPA (K)
• Have passed Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (K) or its equivalent qualification;
• Be a registered member of ICPAK in good standing and OR Be a Member of the IIA/ISACA in good standing;
• Be proficient in computer application;
• Leadership course/programs from recognized institutions;
• Have demonstrated professional competence and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
• Fulfill the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 144
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and suitably qualified individuals should email their application letter, Copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed CV indicating work experience, contacts and addresses of relevant referees. Use the email email@example.com . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.