Vacancy title: Head – Asset Liability Management (ALM)[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Banking , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at: Co-operative Bank of Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
29 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Treasurer, the Head – Asset Liability Management will be responsible for managing the financial resources of the firm through capital management, liquidity management, asset and liability management, interest rate risk management, funding, and other core treasury activities. The role holder will also be responsible for assessing and hedging interest risks in the Banking books, performing Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) for the bank, and modeling the behavioral funding profile of the Bank.
The successful jobholder will be expected to:
• Monitor and manage the capital, liquidity, balance sheet and the market risk of the accrual portfolio of the Bank
• Identify, monitor and manage balance sheet structure/ratios and lead balance sheet optimization activities across the bank.
• Provide leadership and management of ALM projects.
• Monitor internal and regulatory ratios to ensure compliance with internal policies and local regulatory requirements and proactively identify changes to balance sheet structure with a view to implement corrective actions.
• Identify and monitor balance sheet interest rate repricing gaps and liquidity gaps as well as formulate strategies to manage them.
• Keep abreast with changes in local and international markets, keep ALCO and management sufficient informed and recommend optimal hedging strategies
• Implement, follow up and monitor ALCO directives.
• Support the Treasurer in managing the bank’s FTP process.
• Monitor Balance Sheet triggers as well as compliance with the bank’s rate guide.
• Support the development of policies and procedures on matters pertaining to liquidity, capital and interest rate risks.
• Drive risk and Profit and Loss (PnL) reporting process improvements and lead some strategic change efforts on Interest Rate Risk in Banking Books and FTP projects.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications:
• A bachelor’s degree in any business/finance-related discipline with a relevant post-graduate qualification in a relevant field is preferable e.g. qualified actuary or CFA. A professional qualification will be an added advantage e.g. ACI
• A minimum of 7 years experience in a bank.
• Experience in Balance Sheet Management/Asset & Liability Management. Experience in Financial Control will be an added advantage.
• Detailed knowledge and experience of financial modeling with excellent knowledge of balance sheet management
• Good knowledge of Treasury/Hedging products and instruments
• Good interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
• Excellent financial analysis/interpretation skills
• Excellent Oral & Written communication skills.
• Well-organized and capable of handling multiple objectives and stakeholders
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number HALM/FSD/2022 by 29th June 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.